+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible starting 11 v cambridge

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Perm any 11 from 34 (or 38 depending on who you listen to!).

Schofield
    Evina Barclay Duffy Bird Jones
    Milsom Vaughan O'Brien
    Stead Dennis
    I think we need to play either Kellet, Alles or Thomas to link the midfield and attack. The pockets of space that Kellet picks up give us a different dimension to our play.

Think I will go with the Managers choice

Presuming Schofield is going to start rather than sit on the bench

........Schofield
    Turley, Duffy, Barclay, Bird, Jones
    .....Alless, O'Brien, Milsom
    ......... Stead Dennis

Half fit Allessandra has more legs than Vaughan who has been better but is just shot it after 55 mins. More 352 than 532. Guessing Hewitt and Hemmings still injured.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Presuming Schofield is going to start rather than sit on the bench.
    I'd be amazed and very disappointed if Schofield doesn't start. I can't think that Huddersfield would have sent him here just to sit on the bench. For me he has to be the first name on the teamsheet.

Presuming Schofield is going to start rather than sit on the bench

........Schofield
    Turley, Duffy, Barclay, Bird, Jones
    .....Alless, O'Brien, Milsom
    ......... Stead Dennis

Half fit Allessandra has more legs than Vaughan who has been better but is just shot it after 55 mins. More 352 than 532. Guessing Hewitt and Hemmings still injured.
    How can it be "more 352 than 532" when you have Turley as one of the wing backs? They're both basically the same formation anyway depending on whether you have the ball or not but Turley is about as defensive a full back as you're likely to come across, other than that I think you're probably right with the team although I think Alessandra will be on the bench (with Kellett starting)

We don't have any true cover at RB for Tootle. Evina is weak on the left, on the right we're asking more than he has to give. Ox is nowhere near the standard, so Turley for my money is best of the rest.
    What amazes me still is how we could spend so much to be so unbalanced as a squad with such gaping holes and absences of cover and competition all over the pitch.
    As for the formation Freeman, I'm hoping we're strong enough to push Cambridge back and the wing backs push on rather than us ending up under siege with five at the back as 352 can end up.

We don't have any true cover at RB for Tootle. Evina is weak on the left, on the right we're asking more than he has to give. Ox is nowhere near the standard, so Turley for my money is best of the rest.
    What amazes me still is how we could spend so much to be so unbalanced as a squad with such gaping holes and absences of cover and competition all over the pitch.
    As for the formation Freeman, I'm hoping we're strong enough to push Cambridge back and the wing backs push on rather than us ending up under siege with five at the back as 352 can end up.
    I like the signings so far with NA trying to sort out the spine of the team, keeper, centre half and midfield. Now the next step must be to get in at least one full back and possibly 2 because that looks like our weak spot at present imo.

We need to start on the front foot and, as you say, ensure that the wing-backs don't end up as mere full-backs. When 3-5-2 works well, it's probably the most effective formation there is - it's basically like gaining an extra man in midfield. But it all depends on those wing-backs being an attacking presence. Mansfield do it really well with Benning (and whoever's on their right), and we showed that it can work last week with Jones arriving in the box to score.

So important we attack tomorrow for 90 mins. Don't let up, even if we go ahead. And don't give up if we go behind. I just want relentless commitment and attacking intent for 90 mins. If we lose, so be it, but at least we gave it everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I know there's a few older fans on here but have you ever heard of YouTube?
    An experienced goalkeeper would take time bedding in behind our lot (it’s not just the defence, it’s all 10 outfield players who need to press the opposition more, like we did against Bury). Why are we in such a rush to throw a 19-year-old in for his league debut in such a crucial must-win game? There’s no hiding place for a keeper who makes a mistake. Give him a week in training and, if he proves himself superior to Fitz, then put him in against Yeovil.

I would imagine they've already worked that out, as part of the due diligence. I saw the Leeds game this morning...top of the table, different sort of pressure to maintain that position, and they had at least 3 ****s on the pitch, one of whom was probably MOM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast