+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible starting 11 v cambridge

Possible starting 11 v cambridge

Possible Team for Cambridge:

Assuming Ox was just a 1 match ban? (2 yellows in to a red?)

4-4-2

Schofield

Ox-Chamberlain Turley Barclay Jones

Thomas O'Brien Milsom Kellet

Stead Dennis

Or 5-3-2

Schofield

Ox-Chamberlain Tulrley Duffy Barclay Jones

Milsom O'Brien Kellet

Stead Dennis

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Possible Team for Cambridge:

Assuming Ox was just a 1 match ban? (2 yellows in to a red?)

4-4-2

Schofield

Ox-Chamberlain Turley Barclay Jones

Thomas O'Brien Milsom Kellet

Stead Dennis

Or 5-3-2

Schofield

Ox-Chamberlain Tulrley Duffy Barclay Jones

Milsom O'Brien Kellet

Stead Dennis

Thoughts?
    Duffy must start

I'd imagine we'll go 352 again, that seems the way forward, when we switch to 433 we always seem to concede.

Scofield

Barclay. Duffy. Bird

Evina. O'Brien Milsom Jones

Kellet

Stead Dennis

Gives us a really stable central midfield, attacking options and stable defence

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'd imagine we'll go 352 again, that seems the way forward, when we switch to 433 we always seem to concede.

Scofield

Barclay. Duffy. Bird

Evina. O'Brien Milsom Jones

Kellet

Stead Dennis

Gives us a really stable central midfield, attacking options and stable defence
    Like that, If Hemmings is fit might swap with Dennis

Fitz

Barclay Duffy Bird

Turley O’Brien Hewitt (if fit) Jones

Kellett

Stead Dennis

I think we need to put Schofield on the bench so he can actually witness firsthand the challenges that lie ahead.

We need more legs in midfield - hopefully O’Brien can guide Hewitt through the game (or, if he’s not fit, Crawford). If Tootle is fit, I’d put him at right wing-back and have Turley in the middle in place of Duffy.

For the first time in a while, we have options on the bench - Vaughan, Alessandra, Thomas. Osborne also deserves a place there - looked lively in the reserves the other day.

Too many unanswered questsions at the moment to have any real idea of what the starting 11 will be.

Tootle still injured so that leaves us vulnerable on the right unless he plays Turley at RB which means reverting to a traditional back four again. Also, what’s happening with Turley? Rumours he could be on his way (Grimsby?).

Would prefer Evina on the left to Jones but only in a wing back capacity, neither him or Jones are great as outright LB.

Vaughan will start regardless and I think he should. He has started playing some of his best football for us since Ardley arrived which is good news.

Duffy seems to be behaving himself at the moment so probably needs to play especially with the young lads either side of him, just so long as he doesn’t try to destroy them verbally.

I’ve a feeling Schofield will start as will Barclay and O’Brien so where does that leave us? Is Ox back from suspension? Is he worth the risk? How fit is Aless? How do him or Kellett fit in if he decides to go 442? It seems we play best with a 352 with one of those 5 (Kellett) sat behind the front two so let’s assume that’s how we will start in which case I’m expecting something like this . . .

..............Schofield
    ........Barclay Duffy Bird
    Ox? O’Brien Vaughan Evina
    ................Kellett
    ............Stead Dennis

Think Aless would come on for Kellett at some point. Only question mark is that right wingback position. Is Ox up to it? I don’t really know as have not seen enough of him myself to make any kind of observation but he is probably naturally the best option we have in that position with Tootle injured and Hawk now sent packing.

Thomas found his scoring boots again for the ressies the other day but he’s still not for me, so on the bench. Ward and Brisley will no doubt both be on the bench which is just ludicrous, how many CBs do we need in the squad? No room here either for Milsom or Hewitt. To be honest now I’ve written it all down I’m really not sure myself what our best 11 is right now!

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I think we need to put Schofield on the bench so he can actually witness firsthand the challenges that lie ahead.
    I know there's a few older fans on here but have you ever heard of YouTube?

Is Tootle still inured? Last I heard he ruled himself out before the Colchester game with a dead leg. Not a long-term injury, is it.

I'd be surprised to see Ox walk into the starting 11 after Oldham.

Schofield
    Barclay, Duffy, Bird
    Vaughan
    Toots, Milsom, O’Brien, Jones
    Stead, Dennis

When Vaughan was at his best he dictated the play just off the back line

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Schofield
    Barclay, Duffy, Bird
    Vaughan
    Toots, Milsom, O’Brien, Jones
    Stead, Dennis