+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Karanka gone

Seriously though Martin O Neil linked, I'd be fecking worried,he is dross

Greek manager next

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Seriously though Martin O Neil linked, I'd be fecking worried,he is dross
    Very harsh!

I think if you ask most Wycombe, Leicester or Celtic fans, they certainly wouldn't describe him as dross. His recent managerial career has been less glittering it's true, but maybe because he chose badly in terms of jobs, rather than losing his managerial talent. Aston Villa wanted to become an elite club without spending the money, Sunderland was just a case of clinging on to Premier league status whoever was in charge, and the Republic of Ireland want to re-live the Jackie Charlton era without having the players to do it.

I'm not sure if Nottingham Forest would be a better job choice from his point of view, given what they've done to Karanka, but I think there's enough evidence in Martin O'Neill's career record to conclude that he certainly isn't dross.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Very harsh!

I think if you ask most Wycombe, Leicester or Celtic fans, they certainly wouldn't describe him as dross. His recent managerial career has been less glittering it's true, but maybe because he chose badly in terms of jobs, rather than losing his managerial talent. Aston Villa wanted to become an elite club without spending the money, Sunderland was just a case of clinging on to Premier league status whoever was in charge, and the Republic of Ireland want to re-live the Jackie Charlton era without having the players to do it.

I'm not sure if Nottingham Forest would be a better job choice from his point of view, given what they've done to Karanka, but I think there's enough evidence in Martin O'Neill's career record to conclude that he certainly isn't dross.
    I understand that he's said he wouldn't manage a club he's played for.

Very sensible I think ... be remembered as a great player rather than risk being sacked as a manager and all that goes with it. We can see that here - what are McParland, Short, Derry (there may be more, I've lost track!) mostly remembered for on here? Failed managers not great players.

Oh, that rules us out then with O'Neil! (and that's not comment on Ardley who I think is the right man!)

Kev Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Kev Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Very harsh!

Not one bit harsh.Did u see the ROI games at all? Talk about watch paint dry.Heard from someone close to the FAI that he didn't communicate with the squad at all in the last year.Nobody knew who was playing until they saw the team sheet.
    Celtic was a piss poor league,Wycombe, Leicester he got Results.Aston villa, not well thought of from quite a few Villa fans that I know

Kev Nolan
    Cloughie link then Hic

Kev Nolan
    Come on Agent Kev, you know it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Cloughie link then Hic
    A marriage made in heaven maybe room for Stu too. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast