+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Karanka gone

Don't forget Jamie Fullerton's history with the Reds. His power presentations would really impress Marinakis - get in there Jamie!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Not one bit harsh.Did u see the ROI games at all? Talk about watch paint dry.Heard from someone close to the FAI that he didn't communicate with the squad at all in the last year.Nobody knew who was playing until they saw the team sheet.
    Celtic was a piss poor league,Wycombe, Leicester he got Results.Aston villa, not well thought of from quite a few Villa fans that I know
    The Republic of Ireland were/are a boring team, but I would argue Martin O'Neill got better results with them than their ability warranted. Their player pool these days is rubbish. Rigid, boring football was probably the only way to stand a chance against better sides.

The (Scottish) Sh*ttest Premier League is indeed a poor league, but when Martin O'Neill took over it was being dominated by Rangers, and Celtic had been through a stream of managers trying to compete with them, without success and with fewer resources at the time. Martin O'Neill changed the power balance back in Celtic's favour and it has remained with them since.

Overall, O'Neill has had a good managerial career.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The Republic of Ireland were/are a boring team, but I would argue Martin O'Neill got better results with them than their ability warranted. Their player pool these days is rubbish. Rigid, boring football was probably the only way to stand a chance against better sides.

The (Scottish) Sh*ttest Premier League is indeed a poor league, but when Martin O'Neill took over it was being dominated by Rangers, and Celtic had been through a stream of managers trying to compete with them, without success and with fewer resources at the time. Martin O'Neill changed the power balance back in Celtic's favour and it has remained with them since.

Overall, O'Neill has had a good managerial career.
    Hey Jackal I would like to throw my 2 cents into this argument also.... Martin O Neill as new Florist manager would be a dream for me because if you saw what he did to our national team then the only team I would wish him upon is the old enemy... I see what Pete has written and I agree with some of it but the main reason he failed with us is because he is a complete dinosaur who is out of touch with modern day football.. all you need to do is look at his interviews and see his horrible confrontational approach to any questions asked of him... him and that other piece of garbage (Keane) getting the bullet from our national team was the biggest Christmas present I could ever have received.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Not one bit harsh.Did u see the ROI games at all? Talk about watch paint dry.Heard from someone close to the FAI that he didn't communicate with the squad at all in the last year.Nobody knew who was playing until they saw the team sheet.
    Celtic was a piss poor league,Wycombe, Leicester he got Results.Aston villa, not well thought of from quite a few Villa fans that I know
    Hey Pete, ya I heard Matt Doherty's interview and it was frightening... he completely lost all respect from the ROI players a long time before he was binned... I was so happy he got the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Don't forget Jamie Fullerton's history with the Reds. His power presentations would really impress Marinakis - get in there Jamie!
    You mean Jamie Full A Crap Fashion Ikon with a muddy @r$e.

Bldy typical - they can't even let us beat them in the manager sack race!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123