+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Barnes Recalled to Leicester

Disappointing, but not unexpected.
    The management will have been well aware !

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    As good as Barnes has been for us with goals and assists there were periods in the games he played where to be honest he disappeared and did nothing and he won't get away with that in the Premiership which is why I do not think he is ready to step up and play regular and from the start. I have a feeling he will be wasted this half of the season which is a crying shame for him and obviously for us.
    I agree with you he is nowhere near a regular prem player at the moment he didn't work hard enough when we didn't have the ball he won't get away with that in the prem which is why I'm surprised they have recalled him maybe Puel is trying to save his job, hopefully we will have thought this would happen and already have a replacement lined up, at least if Giles Barnes signs we can use the same shirt to save us money.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    I agree with you he is nowhere near a regular prem player at the moment he didn't work hard enough when we didn't have the ball he won't get away with that in the prem which is why I'm surprised they have recalled him maybe Puel is trying to save his job, hopefully we will have thought this would happen and already have a replacement lined up, at least if Giles Barnes signs we can use the same shirt to save us money.

Whilst, I don't disagree, he was still our best player so based on these comments - God help us, if we do of course get promotion!

So without Barnes and Gayle injured - lets hope Big Dave has a plan B because HRK and Bartley especially are absolute garbage! Lets just pray Phillips does not go, and why can't Harper be given a chance? Oh I forgot - our Big Dave would rather play Chris Brunt again then give a promising youngster a chance.

Perhaps the little runt will get his money out So Barnes off the payroll and capacity attendances - where's the money going apart from an expensive jolly to Dubai?

Very bad news, and Gayle injured... 😱

Without Barnes (Harvey that is) and Gayle I sadly believe that we will struggle to make the play offs - could be mid table mediocracy. 😳

Btw, anyone knows anything on the status of Gayle, when due back etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    As good as Barnes has been for us with goals and assists there were periods in the games he played where to be honest he disappeared and did nothing and he won't get away with that in the Premiership which is why I do not think he is ready to step up and play regular and from the start. I have a feeling he will be wasted this half of the season which is a crying shame for him and obviously for us.
    I would rather have a missing Barnes than a
    Brunt , Morrison, HRK ,

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Btw, anyone knows anything on the status of Gayle, when due back etc?
    Trained all week, due back tomorrow.

I think of the two loan players - Gayle is our most important. Let's see if one youngster leaving opens the door for another, hopefully Harper or Field get their chance now.

Time for Mr Lai to step up and show some ambition for this great club, surely a bid for Harvey Barnes makes sense before someone like Derby comes in and get him.

Got to spend now and got to spend big. We don't have anyone of Harvey Barnes calibre at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Trained all week, due back tomorrow.

I think of the two loan players - Gayle is our most important. Let's see if one youngster leaving opens the door for another, hopefully Harper or Field get their chance now.
    Cheers 123, good news about Gayle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)