+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating Phookers

It's like the good old days with Cellino again.... Have missed the mad cap stuff we were associated with: Yachts, hemmed in taxi's, the Sky lockout and more

This bloke was on a PUBLIC Road/Footpath. There are parts of the hedges around Derby's training ground with a clear view onto the training pitches (check Google Earth)

So I ask the question since when was it a Police matter for someone to walk/stand on a PUBLIC Road/Footpath and look through a fence?

If it is right and it is a Police matter then maybe we should all call the Police out to people who walk down our streets and look over our fences or walls which have clear views into our Gardens or onto our houses.

As it would appear the man was committing no crime why have the Police issued a photograph and the statement that they did. They would not do the same for every person they were called out to as it could be suggested that they could be attempting to be Prosecutor, Judge and Jury regardless of a crime or not.

Quote Originally Posted by wortleygirl View Post
    This bloke was on a PUBLIC Road/Footpath. There are parts of the hedges around Derby's training ground with a clear view onto the training pitches (check Google Earth)

So I ask the question since when was it a Police matter for someone to walk/stand on a PUBLIC Road/Footpath and look through a fence?

If it is right and it is a Police matter then maybe we should all call the Police out to people who walk down our streets and look over our fences or walls which have clear views into our Gardens or onto our houses.

As it would appear the man was committing no crime why have the Police issued a photograph and the statement that they did. They would not do the same for every person they were called out to as it could be suggested that they could be attempting to be Prosecutor, Judge and Jury regardless of a crime or not.

Brilliant and right on WG. That's why it's so special being a LEEDS fan!....bad press ....well I never!! Much more fun then being the media darlings.
    I absolutely love the old LEEDS crest btw.

Not saying I am old George...but that is the crest on the shirts when I first went to Elland Road

what a ****e non story. Jim White had a boner earlier when this broke, its my understanding.... and sensational.... let me repeat.... and all that other crap he comes out with. He had to be reminded twice that it was alledged, such a bellend.
    Derby really making a big deal calling the police ffs, if it was bothering them just get them moved on or stop the training session.
    Pathetic.

Officers have just attended the Training Ground for @dcfcofficial After a suspicious male was seen at the perimeter fence. Excellent searching conducted & male was located. All checks above board!
    Keeping the team safe to bring home a win against #LUFC on 11th! #SpyingIsCheating

Ha Ha this is from Derby Constabulary. Surely a wind up from them.

Agree it's pathetic.

But unfortunately it's not about someones right to wander around public land or whatever, it's about the fact if it's turns out the bloke was linked to us we could be contravening FL regulations about "unfair advantage" or some such bo{{ocks.

Whole things seems to bet getting a fair amount of media coverage, stitch up...?

Apparently FA confirmed they will be looking into it.

Or

I could just be really paranoid.

Looking forward to a cracker tonight.

MOT

I really don't get this story at all.

1- It was Thursday morning, the game is today. What possible benefit would we have got anyway. All our training is done and dusted by that point for the game.

2- Derbys training ground is viewable from public space which this man was on. So two points 1- what law has he broken and 2- why are the police getting involved with someone on the road? Can I call the police on the people who look in my garden from the pathway outside?

3- Why are the police releasing phots and details of this as it is a breach of GDPR and none of the publics business. This seems very fishy to me that theyve conveniently arrested someone for doing nothing and then released unnecessary information on a public forum.

4- Why is everyone pretending that this **** doesnt happen constantly anyway? Are people genuinely surprised that a club might send someone to watch the other club train.

5- We've seen Derby play on bloody sky every week, Bielsa knows exactly what they're about.

6- I want to see their proof that he is from Leeds and if he isn't I expect serious sanctions and fines placed on Derby for deformation of character both for the individual involved (whose name will no doubt come out eventually) and Leeds United as well as investigation into the police force as to why they're releasing details that could cause issues at tonights game between fans.

I've got a lot of other issues with this nonsense but thats mainly it, an absolute farce.

You certainly do have issues.

Anyway the police were called because someone deemed he looked suspicious, silly I know but thats where we are, so, he was located and after being searched he was found to be in possession of a pair of pliers, now that could be construde as 'going equipped' especially when your stood next to a wire fence, see where this is heading? A change of clothes, on its own then it could be perfectly normal but together with 'going equipped' it starts to look suss, this is why its different to your average joe walking along a pavement looking into someones front garden, the two aren't even similar. However after a brief explanation and investigation it was deemed that no law had been broken(maybe it would of been had the police not turned up, we'll never know) he was allowed to leave, he wasn't arrested as you alluded to either as no law was broken.

However, now this is the important bit - he may have broken FA/EFL rules (not laws) but rules, they will investigate and the punishment is a 20 point deduction

To be honest, as a Leeds fan I feel embarrassed we have stooped so low, also it gives the powers to be an excuse, not that they ever need one, to dock us points and make sure more people hate us.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)