+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ayup thou lot...

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I thought that I would try my best to talk to you in your accent like proper Barnsley folk do but it was harder than it looked,I presume that I would soon be sussed in the home end at Oakwell then?
    Don't worry about it cocopops
    There is no proper way of writing the dialect as you will see from the different spellings of the same word by the so called practitioners on this forum
    I'm not sure you would find them trying out their Geordie speak if they ever ventured on to Newcastle's forum

I've gorra coom up ta tarn in a couple a months time and drop off a lass at er mates and I've got 2/3 hours to kill,thous any suggestions where I canna visit nearby?
    Tha sarnds like a geordie Coco (I canna ) get thissen to Tarnhall Museums , summat to eyt theer anorl , iffits warm thaccun evva run thru farntains artside forra wesh, !!!!

There is no proper way of writing the dialect as you will see from the different spellings of the same word by the so called practitioners on this forum
    I'm not sure you would find them trying out their Geordie speak if they ever ventured on to Newcastle's forum

Well thanks for taking it in the good humour that it was intended to be,by the look of my opening post I gave up about half way through

It's true that I'm visiting Barnsley soon though as I've got to take a Wakefield girl (she doesn't live there now) up to see her mate for a few hours so I will Google places of interest when the time comes

I've just googled it and that's in Sheffield plus I prefer somewhere that doesn't sell beer as I'm driving
    no its not its in barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Wye aye a can dee Geordie as it appans, naebody knaws that betta than me Exile Am gan doon the Wheatsheaf pet ta see a man aboot a dog.

Translation- Yes I can do a Geordie accent as it happens Exile. I'm off to the pub my love for a Newcastle brown ale

Howay man a need this job, divny sack us or a gotta tell wor lass am back on the Nat king Cole

Come on boss don't sack me or I've got to tell the wife that I'm back on the dole

P O P!

Well thanks for taking it in the good humour that it was intended to be,by the look of my opening post I gave up about half way through
    It's true that I'm visiting Barnsley soon though as I've got to take a Wakefield girl (she doesn't live there now) up to see her mate for a few hours so I will Google places of interest when the time comes
    Well Im shocked Chalky kid, and no I don't mean at your pee poor attempt at a Yorkie accent lol.
    Im shocked that your still actually with that ex-Wakey bird, she must like the smell of Hai Karate eh!.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    no its not its in barnsley
    It came up Hazelhead in Sheffield for me,there must be two

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Well Im shocked Chalky kid, and no I don't mean at your pee poor attempt at a Yorkie accent lol.
    Im shocked that your still actually with that ex-Wakey bird, she must like the smell of Hai Karate eh!.
    Aye she's a lovely gal Acido,she speaks a bit funny but otherwise she's top notch 👍

Aye she's a lovely gal Acido,she speaks a bit funny but otherwise she's top notch.
    You cant beat it Chalky kid, whether it be Wakey, Cass, Feath, Ponty, or even Normy... its the BEST accent in t' world innit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast