+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kieffer wants to stay ...... for a while

Kieffer wants to stay ...... for a while

Kieffer Moore sees himself playing for Barnsley beyond the January transfer window as he attempts to gain the first promotion of his nomadic career.

The 26-year-old has played for nine clubs including six in two years before he moved to the Reds 12 months ago. Barnsley turned down bids for the striker last summer and he has again been linked with a move away this window.

The last two seasons have seen Moore leave clubs in January then watch them get promotion – Forest Green in 2017 and Rotherham United last year. This time he says he wants to see it through.

He told the Chronicle: “I see myself here for the season. I will be a Barnsley player until I am not a Barnsley player. I will work hard every day and put in 100 per cent. Hopefully I will stay here all season and score a lot of goals.

“Staying at Barnsley for a while and getting them back in the Championship would be something I would look to do. Being talked about with other clubs is part and parcel of football. You just need to focus on the task ahead.”

Barnsley’s next six games are against clubs in League One’s bottom eight. He said: “When you are playing a lesser team, people think you take a day off but we need to play as if they are all top of the league. We have got a massive opportunity, we are playing teams lower down in the table and we need to string a good run of wins together and get into the top two.

"I think it’s going to be very tight, everyone near the top seems to pick up results. It’s in our hands not their hands and we just need to focus on having a good second half of the season.”

Moore has 17 goals in 45 appearances for the Reds since joining from Ipswich Town, but missed the last three league games through injury and illness. He has not scored in five games across six weeks but the team is unbeaten in a run of five league fixtures against fellow promotion-chasers.

“The run has lifted the lads a lot,” said Moore, who returned as a substitute in Saturday’s FA Cup loss at Premier League Burnley.

“To get the results we got against all the teams around us is massive and reminded us that we can do it. It’s brought the lads maybe that little bit more together.”

Translation---"I'll go when the wage offer from another club is big enough and either my release clause is triggered or Goat teks the "undisclosed" amount for "sustainability" reasons" ie Chien ez teld him to balance the books following relegation.

The'll bi two or three throwing their shirts to fans at 4.55pm today tha can bet .