+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max Lowe

Max Lowe

I can't remember how many times I've read about Max Lowe being the answer at left back.

Tonight his performance was as poor an individual showing in a Rams shirt I've seen in some time.

Nobody has played well but I don't think I've seen him hit a blue shirt not even with a throw-in.

The quality in the championship is way higher than Scotland as a whole and that has been very evident tonight.

Gotta agree, on tonights performance we are a long way from being a nailed on cert for auto, Leeds look comfortable on the ball, always have an outlet, movement so much better than ours, they press and quickly surround players 3 to 1, have good first touch ball control, we on the other hand have springs for feet, don't press or hurry their players, can't clear the ball to another blue shirt we just hoof it away without any thought

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Gotta agree, on tonights performance we are a long way from being a nailed on cert for auto, Leeds look comfortable on the ball, always have an outlet, movement so much better than ours, they press and quickly surround players 3 to 1, have good first touch ball control, we on the other hand have springs for feet, don't press or hurry their players, can't clear the ball to another blue shirt we just hoof it away without any thought
    I was just about to start a thread on the same subject. Lowe was just about as bad as it gets, and I only say ‘just about’ because I remember Mick Coop. Do Aberdeen have a recall clause?

Totally right Manx. Outclassed, outfought and out thought. Just about as bad as........the last time we played them.
    Forget the spying...totally irrelevant...what we should be worrying about is that their youngsters look like professionals whilst ours look like children. Men against boys tonight, but their boys play like men.
    Wish we had eleven Holmes...he was just about the only one who looked interested all night but we’re light years away from Leeds. How times change.

Playing the usual lightweight front 5 against the DYS who are a strong, fast and physical side was IMO a bad ploy to start with. The tactics, or lack of good ones first half, were abysmal. When we had the ball there was insufficient movement and that gave the man in possession no outlet, no options. Passes that reached their intended target saw that recipient immediately put under pressure by 1, 2 and even 3 white shirts. Their passes were easy as they always had 3 men in space to choose from. We marked space. They marked players. They showed much more energy than we did and we can be thankful it was only 2-0. Lawrence and Holmes were easily bounced off the ball. Passes were the wrong weight to the wrong place and hard to control. No great shakes and we could have played all night and still not scored. I said after the 4-1 defeat at Pride Park that the DYS looked like the team to beat this season. They showed it again, helped by our lack of grit, steel and physical presence.

I can live with that defeat because we got what we deserved. Nothing.

If we keep on marking zones rather than players and playing lightweight front 5's against physical teams we will get more of this type of result.

Fortunately, we only have one more game against a top 6 side to come and that is WBA on the last day of the season. Between now and then we need to average over 2 points a game. We can do it but we need to be smarter and not give the oppo all the time and space in the world to turn us over. It really is down to us plus we won't meet the pace and power DYS displayed today whicj is a blessing.

He was poor, didn't block a single cross, nor did wisdom. Both should be dropped for Malone and Bogle.

Lowe had a nightmare!!!
    Holmes getting better, Wilsons free kicks and Marriott in front of goal is the only positives at the club. I wouldn't be worried if any of the other players left as they're just not good enough! Lets hope this defeat gives them a kick up the arse they need!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Lowe had a nightmare!!!
    Holmes getting better, Wilsons free kicks and Marriott in front of goal is the only positives at the club. I wouldn't be worried if any of the other players left as they're just not good enough! Lets hope this defeat gives them a kick up the arse they need!
    You are forgetting George Evans did nothing ,no presence ,myself I would of played Huddlestone even though he's not as mobile
    Where was Lowe for the first goal ,he left Bryson one on one he should of doubled up with Bryson

One final thing ,why..... we get a throw in the Leeds half we always throw backwards then to Keogh or then to Carson the impetus gone , Whats wrong with the old fashioned working the line ,going backwards allows the opposition to press us high

Movement was crap, we never had a free man to throw to and ended up trying to pin point it onto a head surrounded by Leeds players who inevitably out jumped out muscled us and won the ball and away they went on another attack, very frustrating to watch. Luckily and without wanting to make them sound like Barcelona we don't have to play them again, we played miles better against Utd and Chelsea.....work that one out

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Movement was crap, we never had a free man to throw to and ended up trying to pin point it onto a head surrounded by Leeds players who inevitably out jumped out muscled us and won the ball and away they went on another attack, very frustrating to watch. Luckily and without wanting to make them sound like Barcelona we don't have to play them again, we played miles better against Utd and Chelsea.....work that one out
    Impossible to work out Stenson, we always seem to have a team that can compete then come Christmas implode and go backwards!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)