+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiko Casilla

Considering our recent history of goalkeepers, it'll be like having Gordon Banks.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    clarke is excellent, whats that got to do with this spanish GK ? lol
    Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I'm willing to own up to my mistake (looking at cup apperances), but even then, he has ONLY played for Real Madrid 25 times since 2015 (or is Wiki lying now?)
    I think the reason he has not been in the side playing regularly is due to the pedigree of the keepers that are ahead of him.

Admittedly I don't know a thing about Kiko, never even heard of him until this rumour started. However Navas & Courtois would probably rank in most peoples top ten GK's playing today. So I am thinking you can't be a bad player if Real have kept you on the books to compete with those two.

Just my take on things.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I'm willing to own up to my mistake (looking at cup apperances), but even then, he has ONLY played for Real Madrid 25 times since 2015 (or is Wiki lying now?)
    How many of our squad would make more than 25 appearances for Real Madrid since 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I think the reason he has not been in the side playing regularly is due to the pedigree of the keepers that are ahead of him.

Admittedly I don't know a thing about Kiko, never even heard of him until this rumour started. However Navas & Courtois would probably rank in most peoples top ten GK's playing today. So I am thinking you can't be a bad player if Real have kept you on the books to compete with those two.

Just my take on things.
    And even Keylor Navas is being shat on by Real.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    How many of our squad would make more than 25 appearances for Real Madrid since 2015?
    Good point. I personally think it’s a good signing.

Prefer De Gea

I'm reading that we're just taking over his contract...rumoured to be 50K/week. Reduce that by Blackman's 15K (approx) and we're essentially paying a fee of 2.75M....for Real Madrid's 3rd choice keeper, for an 18 month contract. I've no idea how good he is, but if he ends up as, at worst, a Premiership back-up, then 2.75M is a fair price. If he's any good...and at the peak age of his career is hungry to be a first team keeper again, in a top league (as he was at Espanyol), then he'll be a real bargain.

Interested in Fraser Forster, how many do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by philipspark View Post
    Interested in Fraser Forster, how many do we need?
    Just to show I'm NOT xenophobic, I wouldn't have Forster either, another third choice who can't get a game for his home club.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)