+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiko Casilla

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Think we're getting just a little bit ahead of ourselves (and a tad over-excited too "beyond words" even!).

He might be everything the club hopes for, we will see, but to suggest that "BPF will feel so lucky" to be demoted from 1st choice keeper to "understudy" by someone who hasn't been able to command a regular 1st team place in his old club? Err, no, not if he is as competitive as I would expect ANY Leeds player to be regarding 1st team game time.

Signing a piece of paper is one thing, delivering the "manna from heaven" he seems to be expected to deliver, we will see (as and when he is deemed fit to play)
    Can't believe you have ironically stated that some others on here are getting ahead of themselves with their comments! You've made my day champ...haha.

Fear not Casillas is a class act .. It's a shame for the young lad in now,but his time will come in a couple of seasons..

Still think we need a Saiz type player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Can't believe you have ironically stated that some others on here are getting ahead of themselves with their comments! You've made my day champ...haha.
    No irony intended, just consistent with what I said when he was first linked with Leeds, no reason to change my opinion yet.

No irony intended, just consistent with what I said when he was first linked with Leeds, no reason to change my opinion yet.
    Wasn't referring to your opinion...which I have no issue with. And I'm sure you realise that. ☺

trouble is, you have the exact same opinion with absolutely EVERY single player linked with Leeds, its tiresome, predictable, and leaves you open to ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    trouble is, you have the exact same opinion with absolutely EVERY single player linked with Leeds, its tiresome, predictable, and leaves you open to ridicule.
    Err, no I don't, although lets not let the fact that I was a firm fan of Saiz, and I suggested that Alioski and Saiz were a really effective partnership, or that Jansson was and is a class addition, and a changed opinion of Klich (given that I'm willing to say when I've been wrong, and willing to change my opinion, unlike you and your "mates"), etc etc etc, get in the way of you and others having an easy time of making "humorous" quips.

I could also list (although not sure the post limit would let me) all the sh1te that Orta drafted in and who have since been sent back from whence they came, or loaned out as a means of hiding the gross incompetence of our DoF, but I can't be arsed, it wouldn't make any difference, there are some for whom the wool being pulled over their eyes isn't enough, they positively grab hold and help.

As for ridicule, lets see just what we get from Casilla, then we can see who is ridiculous.

Err, no I don't, although lets not let the fact that I was a firm fan of Saiz, and I suggested that Alioski and Saiz were a really effective partnership, or that Jansson was and is a class addition, and a changed opinion of Klich (given that I'm willing to say when I've been wrong, and willing to change my opinion, unlike you and your "mates"), etc etc etc, get in the way of you and others having an easy time of making "humorous" quips.

I could also list (although not sure the post limit would let me) all the sh1te that Orta drafted in and who have since been sent back from whence they came, or loaned out as a means of hiding the gross incompetence of our DoF, but I can't be arsed, it wouldn't make any difference, there are some for whom the wool being pulled over their eyes isn't enough, they positively grab hold and help.

As for ridicule, lets see just what we get from Casilla, then we can see who is ridiculous.
    You may have accepted those mentioned players after they had been playinga few games, but I'm sure you didn't want any "foreign" players at the start because they never had Championship experience??? Remember that? Hence why I quipped about your early calls that hapoen so regularly. Short memory...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    You may have accepted those mentioned players after they had been playinga few games, but I'm sure you didn't want any "foreign" players at the start because they never had Championship experience??? Remember that? Hence why I quipped about your early calls that hapoen so regularly. Short memory...
    My reservations regarding foreign players are exactly as you have outlined, BECAUSE THEY HAD NO CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE, not because they came from countries outside the UK. And if you look at the "success" of the recruitment of said players, its pretty pi55-poor, with a squad that now reflects the needs of getting out of this division, (having disposed of the likes of Ekuban, Grot, Ineguchi, Anita, etc etc).

Not short memory, just consistently sceptical about a club that espouses to gain promotion to the PL, but who haven't followed that up with a consistent policy of recruiting players likely to achieve that objective (as opposed to some shop-windowing of players who can be sold on for a profit, that worked well too didn't it?). Very few players recruited by Orta from non-Championship sources have given us a significant benefit within the season they were recruited, (and I include the likes of Barrow and others who came from lower-division clubs). 20+ players recruited, the number who were worth it numbered on the fingers of one hand, appalling success rate.

If Bielsa is to be believed and Orta is responsible for bringing Casilla to Leeds, I see no reason at the moment to expect anything better, I hope (really I do) I'm wrong.
    Last edited by WTF11; 18-01-2019 at 12:16 PM.

WTF

I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised. I do understand your concern on field players coming to the championship. It's a physical league and the parity is probably one of the highest in the world. It's a brutal league to get promoted out of. A long grind of a season with a whole lot of talent and players so close to the big time pay check.

However, I think your concerns on Keeps and coach's might be misplaced. "keepers are differnt" and brilliant keeps are briliiant in any league. especially a season one like Kiko. Keep is one of the few positions that us Yanks have produced some great players that could play in any league in the world. I suspect that Kiko will be starting in a game or two. The cream will rise.

Coaching is another area that it's irrelevant. You look at the prem as well as promoted teams and the rest of the world is heavily represented. I do believe that Brit coaches have a huge advantage in the conference and lower leagues but by the time you get to the championship the best coaches will win... regardless of where they are from. MB's fanaticism plays well for the right club that appreciates this commitment. A high risk hire but a great fit for the right club. we currently fit that bill.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)