+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Kiko Casilla

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Your comments about the number of players signed and how many have paid off, is something I was contemplating a couple of days back. A lot of the players that were performing average last season, are now at another level and have pushed us to top spot. Naturally Bielsa has to take credit for this. But...is there the possibility that Orta could see such potential in these players from the start, and just needed the right manager to pull the ropes? And now we finally have that situation after some false starts...probably due to limited funds.. And probably why Bielsa has been complimentary with his words about him, as he certainly seems happy with the cattle he has been provided. So just maybe Orta deserves a little more credit that some give him? If we go up, then I for one will acknowledge EVERYONE in the club that has contributed to the cause in some way...and that includes Orta.
    I think Orta deserves a lot more respect that what he actually gets, with the budget he had he brought in some decent players both for the first team and for the academy.

Granted they haven't all worked but that's the nature of the game, be interesting to see what players are out on loan move on permanently and how much we recoup back.

But for me his best signing was getting MB into the club, it's not just one man it's a whole backroom staff that have worked together for years and all have mutual respect for each other.

You're not really bringing in just a decent set of coaches you're bringing in a whole new footballing culture based on intelligence, handwork and maximum preparation.

And I for one am loving it, lets get out of this $hi{{y league and start a new chapter in the clubs history.

Quote Originally Posted by CromerWhite View Post
    I think Orta deserves a lot more respect that what he actually gets, with the budget he had he brought in some decent players both for the first team and for the academy.

Granted they haven't all worked but that's the nature of the game, be interesting to see what players are out on loan move on permanently and how much we recoup back.

But for me his best signing was getting MB into the club, it's not just one man it's a whole backroom staff that have worked together for years and all have mutual respect for each other.

You're not really bringing in just a decent set of coaches you're bringing in a whole new footballing culture based on intelligence, handwork and maximum preparation.

And I for one am loving it, lets get out of this $hi{{y league and start a new chapter in the clubs history.
    Agreed and he was the one who suggested bringing in MB and helped do it so he deserves huge credit for that.

Is he the signing that made a difference to our season? What we have lacked for while, getting more used to EFL every game....

He is a cool customer. Love BPF but sometimes he was one that made you sweat back there. Don't feel the same with kiko.

The first 10 or so posts on this thread are just delightful from WTF, who wrote him off before he even arrived. Said he'd not even play for us this year etc etc.

Next time he is writing someone before we've signed them can we please pin this thread for future reference because I've honestly never seen someone go so far to moan about a potential signing before hes even arrived then it backfire so brilliantly when he is actually top class.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    The first 10 or so posts on this thread are just delightful from WTF, who wrote him off before he even arrived. Said he'd not even play for us this year etc etc.

Next time he is writing someone before we've signed them can we please pin this thread for future reference because I've honestly never seen someone go so far to moan about a potential signing before hes even arrived then it backfire so brilliantly when he is actually top class.
    I've said in other threads that he has done well, made good saves etc, but.......i stand by what I said regarding demoting BPF (and no matter how you dress it up it is a demotion), when he had done very little wrong (much less than outfield players who have continued to pull on a 1st team shirt). Don't be surprised if the lad put in a transfer request at seasons end (provided we don't put him up for sale should we get promoted as I just can't see the club taking him into the PL as second (or third) choice keeper).

We celebrate and promote youngsters like Shackleton and Clarke, rightly so I should add, but effectively discard a young, capable keeper who hasn't in any real sense failed to meet expectations, sad IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I've said in other threads that he has done well, made good saves etc, but.......i stand by what I said regarding demoting BPF (and no matter how you dress it up it is a demotion), when he had done very little wrong (much less than outfield players who have continued to pull on a 1st team shirt). Don't be surprised if the lad put in a transfer request at seasons end (provided we don't put him up for sale should we get promoted as I just can't see the club taking him into the PL as second (or third) choice keeper).

We celebrate and promote youngsters like Shackleton and Clarke, rightly so I should add, but effectively discard a young, capable keeper who hasn't in any real sense failed to meet expectations, sad IMHO.
    Yes I think most on here would also have empithay for BPF's plight pal...but I think the comments are more to your opinion on the keeper who was only ranked 3rd at Real, and had hardly played a game. Was written off as not good enough for the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Yes I think most on here would also have empithay for BPF's plight pal...but I think the comments are more to your opinion on the keeper who was only ranked 3rd at Real, and had hardly played a game. Was written off as not good enough for the Championship.
    Last comment from me on the guys "profile" before he arrived (which it's true was all I had to go on). He was 3rd choice, he hadn't played regularly for Real, and despite his performance since being signed, I don't see him being significantly better than BPF (and he has certainly cost more when buying out his remaining term at Real is taken into account).

If he helps to keep clean sheets and in so doing gets us promoted then all will be well. Obviously we won't know if BPF could have done the same.

I think BPF did well during his tenure as our number 1 and was certainly better than the clowns we endured previously. He is a good shot stopper but I was never that confident about his ability to claim crosses and he was sometimes a bit of a flapper. Casilla is, in my view, a better all round keeper and someone who has the presence and experience to command his area which, in turn, gives confidence to his defenders. It would be a real shame if BFP sulked his way to a new club but I don't see any reason why he would. Every good Club needs at least 2 quality keepers and, if he stays with us, then I'm fairly sure that his time will come. Let's not forget he is only about 12.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Last comment from me on the guys "profile" before he arrived (which it's true was all I had to go on). He was 3rd choice, he hadn't played regularly for Real, and despite his performance since being signed, I don't see him being significantly better than BPF (and he has certainly cost more when buying out his remaining term at Real is taken into account).

If he helps to keep clean sheets and in so doing gets us promoted then all will be well. Obviously we won't know if BPF could have done the same.
    No surprise there then?
    As per every time you are proved wrong you "Stand by what you said"
    Before he had even arrived you where stating that he wasn't good enough, he was a ludicrous purchase by Orta yada yada...
    yada, Since arriving he has looked like a real Premier league keeper, - NOT ONE word from you to say anything positive about him, Joel calls you out and your response is that you where basing your comments on what you had read and his stats...

The point being, BEFORE the guy had signed, before he had played a game you where disparraging to put it mildly about our wasting money on a third choice has been.... Then when he actually looks the biz ... no holding hands up - or acknowledgin that he is rather good - silence until it has been pointed out that YET AGAIN you have made a rash, ridiculous assessment of an untried player, an your response - to defend your position!

You wonder why you are consistently ridiculed?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)