+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No idea what Lampard is trying to do

I did find it strange when he took Marriott off for Waghorn. We needed the ball to stick when we were clearing our lines, Waghorn isn't that sort of player. Also didn't understand why he had Holmes running back to cover Wisdom's departure. We had no control in the middle of the park and so should have utilised our wide players better, Bogle at least provides a bit more wing play than Wisdom so would have been a better swap.

I don't blame FL for last night though, at least he tried to change the game, Rowett would have stuck Huddleston on as sweeper to limit the damage.

Ultimately, we lacked composure last night, which for me is what cost us. Leeds aren't as good as we made them look, we were just "bullied" again. We played with more composure against premier league sides and need to get it going before this blip turns into a slide. Uncomposed on the ball, and uncoordinated off it, our closing down was out of sync. Lampard clearly wants us to control games by being good on the ball, unfortunately - it just isn't happening. That old "lack of on field leadership" chestnut is costing us big time.

Ask not sure I agree Lampard tried to change the game Poor decision to put Holmes at right back We had played poorly but we're still only one down Within in a minute of second half game over mainly because of that substitution But the truth is were are very average lack leaders lack any physical presence at all When Huddleston isn't in the we lack anybody who can pass or even see a pass with any regularity Best thing about last night great fight between Derby fans in front of me after falling out about Frank's tactics got really nasty plenty blood

1 win in 7 games should set alarm bells ringing, it's not good enough, especially our home form!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    1 win in 7 games should set alarm bells ringing, it's not good enough, especially our home form!
    Ah well...at least we only lost the game...not a manager and two players as well?

I have a solution - Employ a Spy

All this "are have average players" doesn't wash, they are just being shoehorned into the wrong formation and tactics are awful

Sheff United have the likes of Basham, McGoldrick, Sharp, Baldock and Egan as part of their main 11, hardly cream of the crop are they?!, most of them were struggling in league 1 a couple of seasons ago... but they have been better coached and their manager as found the right balance and formation for them to play in

We need a proper motivator, coach and leader not new players imo. Rowett for all his faults at least knew our strenghts with the players he had. Like what have most of our managers been doing to coach our players? it seems when they come here they turn into headless chickens.

We have this obsession with 433 ffs despite not having the players for it. You pick a formation to fit the team you have not try to shoehorn players into a club set formation

Morris wants attractive football but doesn't understand we don't have the players for total football... We've got Marriott, Waghorn, Lawerence and a bunch of kids ffs. Coach them better, and stick them in a formation that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    We have this obsession with 433 ffs despite not having the players for it. You pick a formation to fit the team you have not try to shoehorn players into a club set formation

Morris wants attractive football but doesn't understand we don't have the players for total football... We've got Marriott, Waghorn, Lawerence and a bunch of kids ffs. Coach them better, and stick them in a formation that will work.
    Yes can't argue with that I've always said we don't have the players for 4-3-3 But we are not really creating chances when you consider Forsyth tops our list of assists with 4 But whatever formation we play until we sort the fullback situation we will struggle to win games We are paying four left backs and really none of them are up to it I would try for Bidwell from QPR out of contract in June and they have not offered him anything Right back Aina in loan from Chelsea best right back I saw last season in loan at Hull Sort the full backs out and then we might see the centre backs playing in the middle were they supposed to be instead of repeatedly going to cover the inept full backs

[QUOTE=Pacaman;39112319]I have a solution.

No we leave that to the cheating ******* o

Huddlestone is the only player in the squad who has the passing ability and vision we need, the downside been that the Queen Mary turns faster and he's the wrong side of 30.

At full-back we have a problem both sides. Wisdom' s biggest fan is himself, he seems to have it in his head that he's got the upper hand on his opponent for pace and strength yet gets done on both too often.

A prolonged run in the side made Bogle over confident and Lowe is not the answer nor the future.

All of our full backs play too far forward which works better with three at the back but leaves us massively over exposed with two. Anya is a better option than any of the current crop, this additional payment to Watford is just *******s.

In midfield we are too lightweight, Mount hasn't performed since Old Trafford, Brysons engine is wearing, Evans is bang average and we've 4 others sat in the wilderness.

Upfront Lawrence is too inconsistent by far, Jozefzoon is bang average, Wilson has a peach of a left foot but a lot to learn.

Marriott & Holmes both look decent but moving the latter to full back last night was mind boggling.

We are 6th because in this division everyone is beating each other. Two of the so called big boys Stoke and Villa got easily rolled again today.

We have to add in this window even if it's only loans. The bench didn't look very inspirational last night either.

Rant over

Manx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)