+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No idea what Lampard is trying to do

[QUOTE=mistaram;39112536]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    I have a solution.

No we leave that to the cheating ******* o
    I have another solution. Employ a spy and also ask Lamplard to get his chin up. Proper sulkin and tripped over his bottom lip several times. This will improve team spirit. He looked a proper victim last night, all sorrowful and pathetic. Fools no one. Still he’ll behave better than Bielsa if he ever takes a managers job overseas. Seems he has ambitions beyond Derby. Get Rowett back, at least he gave the rest of us a laugh. Poor sulky Franky. Make a big deal out of nowt to save your failing season.

That atmosphere last night was electric wasn’t it?

MOT

[QUOTE=Pacaman;39112898]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

I have another solution. Employ a spy and also ask Lamplard to get his chin up. Proper sulkin and tripped over his bottom lip several times. This will improve team spirit. He looked a proper victim last night, all sorrowful and pathetic. Fools no one. Still he’ll behave better than Bielsa if he ever takes a managers job overseas. Seems he has ambitions beyond Derby. Get Rowett back, at least he gave the rest of us a laugh. Poor sulky Franky. Make a big deal out of nowt to save your failing season.

That atmosphere last night was electric wasn’t it?

MOT
    No mate it says more about you condoning cheating than it does about Lampard Atmosphere what few prats whirling scarves about call that atmosphere Going to Bellend Road is no big deal for any club just ask Hull

Said it before, our defensive problems start because FL has them playing 30 yards in from the touchline.

They get worse because we mark zones rather than players. This allows teams as good as the DYS to comfortably find teammates in space with their passes.

In and around the area defenders should mark an opponent, ball side and goal side of that opponent.

It really is not thermonuclear dynamics.

As for midfield, the majority of our opponents utilise 4 or 5 players there. Little wonder that we sometimes seem overrun in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Huddlestone is the only player in the squad who has the passing ability and vision we need, the downside been that the Queen Mary turns faster and he's the wrong side of 30.

At full-back we have a problem both sides. Wisdom' s biggest fan is himself, he seems to have it in his head that he's got the upper hand on his opponent for pace and strength yet gets done on both too often.

A prolonged run in the side made Bogle over confident and Lowe is not the answer nor the future.

All of our full backs play too far forward which works better with three at the back but leaves us massively over exposed with two. Anya is a better option than any of the current crop, this additional payment to Watford is just *******s.

In midfield we are too lightweight, Mount hasn't performed since Old Trafford, Brysons engine is wearing, Evans is bang average and we've 4 others sat in the wilderness.

Upfront Lawrence is too inconsistent by far, Jozefzoon is bang average, Wilson has a peach of a left foot but a lot to learn.

Marriott & Holmes both look decent but moving the latter to full back last night was mind boggling.

We are 6th because in this division everyone is beating each other. Two of the so called big boys Stoke and Villa got easily rolled again today.

We have to add in this window even if it's only loans. The bench didn't look very inspirational last night either.

Rant over

Manx
    Possibly the only thing I’d disagree with above is Wisdom being out muscled...that rarely happens imo but there’s no point in a player having strength if he’s invariably out of position.
    Other than that...totally agree...that’s no ‘rant’ Manx, just a spot on tell it like it is common sense appraisal.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Huddlestone is the only player in the squad who has the passing ability and vision we need, the downside been that the Queen Mary turns faster and he's the wrong side of 30.

At full-back we have a problem both sides. Wisdom' s biggest fan is himself, he seems to have it in his head that he's got the upper hand on his opponent for pace and strength yet gets done on both too often.

A prolonged run in the side made Bogle over confident and Lowe is not the answer nor the future.

All of our full backs play too far forward which works better with three at the back but leaves us massively over exposed with two. Anya is a better option than any of the current crop, this additional payment to Watford is just *******s.

In midfield we are too lightweight, Mount hasn't performed since Old Trafford, Brysons engine is wearing, Evans is bang average and we've 4 others sat in the wilderness.

Upfront Lawrence is too inconsistent by far, Jozefzoon is bang average, Wilson has a peach of a left foot but a lot to learn.

Marriott & Holmes both look decent but moving the latter to full back last night was mind boggling.

We are 6th because in this division everyone is beating each other. Two of the so called big boys Stoke and Villa got easily rolled again today.

We have to add in this window even if it's only loans. The bench didn't look very inspirational last night either.

Rant over

Manx
    Spot on mate, well put.

I said exactly the same about the bench when the line-up was published, nobody on that bench that was going to come on and change the game. Personally I'd have started Waghorn on the right and brought Holmes on as sub.

Manx I have to agree with all you say how the hell we are still in a play-off spot I will never know We had nine more points at this point under snake Also scored lots more and conceded less I said in Aug we would finish Twelth and seen nothing to change my mind Was hoping Jan transfer window would get us over the line but that's not going to happen Don't like singling out individual player's but Lawrence inconsistency i find annoying for the talent no good playing ok every sixth game I used to get slated on here for saying we would never get promoted with Ince well I think the same about Lawrence personally I would get rid Your right the bench doesn't exactly fill you with hope No manager gets all his transfers right but you have to say I'm not sure Frank has done well with the money he has had

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    No manager gets all his transfers right but you have to say I'm not sure Frank has done well with the money he has had
    Apart from Marriott and Holmes Franks signings have been piss poor!

Its not the signings being "p**s poor" its the way they are coached and being asked to play that is p**s poor imo

Jozefzoon is well out of place in set up like this, as is Waghorn, Wilson, Evans and Marriott, the fact Jacky boy has 10 goals is credit to his talent rather than thriving in the mess of a system we are playing

Holmes and Mount are the only 2 that suit this 443 "total football" style of play imo, unfortunately for them we are an utter mess I'm not seeing this "total football". How we are 6th is probably more down to the fact this bunch of players are talented, just not able to thrive because of the miffing style of play.

Frank Lampard is one mard a*** as well gotta admit, I'm convinced he was blubbing before that interview after the game, man up ffs, you've got a bunch of young lads who will be looking to you for answers, frankie. And the sooner people realise we are worse off under Lampard than we were under Rowett the better ffs,, we don't look like scoring. Selling last seasons golden boot winner to fund Waghorn... who he then benches and sometimes doesn't even put him the 18... lol

Just look at Sheff United

No marquee record signings, no massive transfer dealings, tbh their squad looks pretty average on paper

Yet they all know what they are doing, from the full backs to the strikers

Our lot really don't know what's going on. that's down to poor coaching and tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Just look at Sheff United

No marquee record signings, no massive transfer dealings, tbh their squad looks pretty average on paper

Yet they all know what they are doing, from the full backs to the strikers

Our lot really don't know what's going on. that's down to poor coaching and tactics.
    Sheff Utd are similar to Cardiff last year, no stand out stars just eleven players that know their job and play for each other.

They dominate midfield with the likes of Norwood & Fleck and have a journey man striker that is played to his strengths. Chris Wilder would not play Tom Lawrence, his work ethic and output are not aligned with the way he sets up.

Bogle will be a very good player, it's just all come on very quickly for him and he looked to be getting a little over confident, it would not surprise me if he eventually became a winger (again).

The whole Waghorn thing is bizarre, majority of the avaialble funds were spent on him and it's looking like another Johnson/Butterfield esque punt so far.

There are so many things right with the club and I believe FL is the man to take us forward but there remain some very basic fundamentals that need addressing.

Leeds best two performances have been against us but that aside there are no stand out teams in the division hence we stay involved.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)