+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dilemma: it's half past four, we're 2-0 up...

Dilemma: it's half past four, we're 2-0 up...

and playing well. Cambridge throw caution to the wind and make two attacking substitutions.

Do we make a defensive move and try and hold on for the win?

Or do we try to score a couple more on the break seeing as our goal difference is awful and theirs is not much better?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    and playing well. Cambridge throw caution to the wind and make two attacking substitutions.

Or do we try to score a couple more on the break seeing as our goal difference is awful and theirs is not much better?
    If I used a phone at the game, I would get on oddschecker and back the draw and away win.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If I used a phone at the game, I would get on oddschecker and back the draw and away win.
    And empirical evidence would be fully on your side!

But if you were in the dugout what would you do?

As Gran used to say 'We'll cross that bridge if we ever get to it'.

All in. Go for them. Would make a nice change.

The latter.

And empirical evidence would be fully on your side!

But if you were in the dugout what would you do?
    I'd tell them to keep their shape, carry on as before and not drop deep. It annoys me that when we are defending a lead we do it by dropping ten men back. That means as soon as we clear the ball it comes straight back in, and the game is played entirely in and around our penalty area. It's hardly surprising we regularly fail to protect a lead.

Are you feeling better now DO and have the drugs worn off.?
    2 nil up you crazy fool..!

It's half past four, we're 1-0 down ... in a must win relegation battle and NA brings on Nathan Thomas.

Your wife will be picking you up at the retail park at 5. Do you leave there and then and walk round The Range to keep warm or stay to the bitter end and watch NA direct the players to the Kop for some loud boos and listen to the Cambridge fans singing the U's are staying up?

I chose the latter option. It was not a good choice. Then I had a further choice of going to Morrisons to buy red wine or B&Q for some rope. I went for the red wine, but the rope might have been better because it still feels crap today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It's half past four, we're 1-0 down ... in a must win relegation battle and NA brings on Nathan Thomas.

Your wife will be picking you up at the retail park at 5. Do you leave there and then and walk round The Range to keep warm or stay to the bitter end and watch NA direct the players to the Kop for some loud boos and listen to the Cambridge fans singing the U's are staying up?

I chose the latter option. It was not a good choice. Then I had a further choice of going to Morrisons to buy red wine or B&Q for some rope. I went for the red wine, but the rope might have been better because it still feels crap today.
    I had a long walk to West Bridgford so I left a few minutes early - it was a good decision.