+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squad List 2018/19

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Another one on his way. Shame, you could never fault the blokes effort, (unlike some).

Attachment 11549
    That’s a shame but can understand. I liked Jamie Turley because he put himself on the line and gave 100% every time he put on the shirt. His effort and commitment to the cause can not be faulted.

So I thank him for his efforts and wish him the best for the future in finding a club.

It appears from this that Bird and Barclay are going to be part of the central defence for the run in with either Duffy or Brisley alongside?

Another one on his way. Shame, you could never fault the blokes effort, (unlike some).

Attachment 11549
    Totally agree, far worse players still at the club.

Updated following the release of Jamie Turley. This may signal another new arrival this week?

Squad now at 33!

GOALKEEPERS

GK – (1) Ross Fitzsimons (Age 24)
    GK - (13) Branislav Pindroch (Age 27)
    GK - (27) Ryan Schofield (Age 19) 1/2 Season Loan
    GK - (40) Max Culverwell (Age 17) U19

DEFENCE

DR - (2) Matt Tootle (Age 28)
    DR - (12) Christian Oxlaide-Chamberlain (Age 20)
    DL - (23) Dan Jones (Age 32)
    DL - (25) Cedric Evina (Age 27)
    DL - (33) Declan Dunn (Age 18) U19
    DC - (19) Elliott Ward (Age 33)
    DC - (5) Richard Duffy (Age 33)
    DC - (16) Shaun Brisley (Age 28)
    DC - (26) Jamie Turley (Age 28) - Contract Expired
    DC - (6) Ben Barclay (Age 22) 1/2 Season Loan
    DC - (3) Pierce Bird (Age 19)
    DC - (36) Kennedy-Williams (Age 18) U19

MIDFIELD

MR – (7) Lewis Alessandra (Age 29)
    MR - (11) Enzio Boldewijn (Age 26)
    MR - (31) Sam Osborne (Age 18)
    ML – (10) Nathan Thomas (Age 24) Season Loan
    ML – (14) Andy Kellett (Age 25)
    CM - (8) David Vaughan (Age 35)
    CM - (24) Rob Milsom (Age 32) 1/2 Season Loan
    CM - (21) Jim O’Brien (Age 31)
    CM - (4) Elliott Hewitt (Age 24)
    CM - (17) Noor Husin (Age 21)
    CM - (20) Will Patching (Age 20)
    CM - (22) Tom Crawford (Age 19)
    CM - (39) Alex Howes (Age 19)

FORWARDS

CF – (9) Kristian Dennis (Age 28)
    CF - (30) Jon Stead (Age 35)
    CF – (15) Kane Hemmings (Age 27)
    CF – (34) Remaye Campbell (Age 17) U19
    CF - (37) Kion Etete (Age 17) U19

Attachment 11549
    Words fail me! Turley's one of the very few who gave everything. Even when he made mistakes, it was because he was trying to affect play rather than being passive.

If you ever want to know why this club is in the shape it is, just take a look at players like Curtis Thompson and Jamie Turley being allowed to leave, while the likes of Noor Husin remain.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Words fail me! Turley's one of the very few who gave everything. Even when he made mistakes, it was because he was trying to affect play rather than being passive.

If you ever want to know why this club is in the shape it is, just take a look at players like Curtis Thompson and Jamie Turley being allowed to leave, while the likes of Noor Husin remain.
    The only conclusion I can draw from this is that the club appear to favour “pretty” players as opposed to the spoiler and league two bread and butter types like your Thompson’s, Turley’s etc...

I’d have preferred Elliott Ward to leave over Turley if I’m being totally honest.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The only conclusion I can draw from this is that the club appear to favour “pretty” players as opposed to the spoiler and league two bread and butter types like your Thompson’s, Turley’s etc...

I’d have preferred Elliott Ward to leave over Turley if I’m being totally honest.
    I'm sceptical about the merits of bringing in another untried kid ahead of either Ward or Turley.

Yes our defence has been dire, and central defenders must take their share of the blame, but I would argue that appalling full-back play and non-existent midfield screening has actually been the cause of excessive pressure on those central defenders and the goalkeeper. Stop more crosses and through balls into the box and your final lines of defence will be less exposed.

We need more midfielders like O'Brien (based on yesterday's evidence) and some full-backs who can actually do the most important part of their job: DEFEND!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I'm guessing that's gonna happen anyway, Football Manager got 2 out of 3 right as far as players on 6 month contracts with Turley and Evina, the other one was Ward.

I’m another one who is sorry to see Turley go. He gave maximum effort and usually got the basics right. We need to get someone very good in to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    I’m another one who is sorry to see Turley go. He gave maximum effort and usually got the basics right. We need to get someone very good in to replace him.
    I would imagine Barclay is his replacement to be honest, although he didn't strike me as anything special (or better than Turley)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12