+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: o/t what's happening

o/t what's happening

Plans in place to stop prison sentences of 6 months or less .
    Reason. Most burglars get this time. And there is a chance they could lose their jobs and homes.
    Am I going mad? What the fk is happening to this country?

Plus these changes recently implemented in HMP Berwyn

" Offenders are referred to as "men" rather than prisoners, and are housed in "communities" as opposed to blocks.

They are locked up in "rooms", not cells. "

End up like "liberal" Scandinavia where they give out 6 month sentences for rape and the prisons are like hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    End up like "liberal" Scandinavia where they give out 6 month sentences for rape and the prisons are like hotels.
    High on rhetoric but totally devoid of facts as per usual.

Telephone in the cells have been given financial backing so that the prisoners can keep in touch with their loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Plans in place to stop prison sentences of 6 months or less .
    Reason. Most burglars get this time. And there is a chance they could lose their jobs and homes.
    Am I going mad? What the fk is happening to this country?

Crash quite simply, we are becoming a lawless society. It will soon become common place where justice is given out by those most offended and screw the antiquated justice system and the crown. What's to lose? They are even looking at mirroring the Scottish idea of anyone given 12 MONTHS or less won't go inside.

Big question.....would you be prepared to pay an extra penny in the pound of your wage if it helped built more prisons and rehab centres etc? Quite clearly the prisons are now so over run they simply cannot cope and more are now so urgently required.

I'm sure better informed people than me have researched this, but I ask myself - if I'm not at risk of going to prison (or it's a more pleasant environment if I do) am I more or less likely to burgle someone's house? I know what my answer is, but maybe actual burglars have a different way of thinking.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...4-12?r=UK&IR=T

And I'm sure that crime victims feel like justice has been done.

And I'm sure that crime victims feel like justice has been done.

Guess you'd need to go and talk with lots of them and find out. Alternatively, we could go down the zero tolerance route and shoot on the spot anyone who commits even the smallest crime or misdemeanour - short, sharp and effective?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast