+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Ipswich Town v The Millers

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieCobbler View Post
    Taylor is the crappest finisher at the club.
    And that's saying something

At my brothers watching piggies on iplayer

We did learn something at Man City, how to lose

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieCobbler View Post
    Taylor is the crappest finisher at the club.
    He's got a few challengers for that title. Williams shoots like he's got a broken ankle. I accept our limitations as a club, financially etc. but it's a mystery to me that people who play football for a living, and have all the time in the world to practice shooting, have so much trouble striking a ball towards a net.

If we Can’t even beat Ipswich away what hope is there left for an away win

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    We did learn something at Man City, how to lose
    We learnt that a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    He's got a few challengers for that title. Williams shoots like he's got a broken ankle. I accept our limitations as a club, financially etc. but it's a mystery to me that people who play football for a living, and have all the time in the world to practice shooting, have so much trouble striking a ball towards a net.
    I used to play with a kid who always used to try and place the ball where he wanted to. He missed the target quite a lot but not by much. The manager said to him that he would be better if he aimed at the keeper because a yard either side would force a save and more than a yard he would have the better chance of scoring.

For about 10 games every shot went to the keepers middrift withut him having to move.

Could be 4 points adrift of team above us tonight

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    100% agree. When they all practice pre-match in to the temporary goal, they all hit the ball like Roberto Carlos. Put them in a match and they're dreadful.

Truely this match isn't a good one so far. They're so spread out and we daren't move from our systematic two rows of defence.

Only two decent crosses one that they scored from an the jammiest way and the other which Taylor smacked the ball towards Norwich.

The nearest we've come to scoring is when a headed clearence hit Ajayi int mush and went agonisingly wide.

Wiles and Vaulks look like they could strike up a midfiles partnership the likes of which we haven't seen in years. The wide men are our achilies heel. Neither enough support for the defence nor enough attacking nounce.

We may as well go for this because if we're going to lose it we may as well in style. We're not going to ripped apart like we did last week!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast