+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Match Thread vs Cambridge United 12.01.19

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    If this isn't a good time to be a drama queen, six points adrift at the bottom of League 2 after another insipid performance in front of 15,000, then please let me know when is.
    True, the complacency of some people is unbelievable. But I was there so see it this time and I'm not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    That run was really good, but Evina was powder puff in the challenge. To be fair I wasn’t even sure what position he was playing. Same with Hewitt, not bad going forward but a terrible defender. Love and obligatory hugs to Tootle by the way.

How come Thomas hasn’t been sent back? Clubs can seemingly recall players at will so how come we can’t give crap players the shove if we want.
    Yes I’d agree about Hewitt. It was extremely frustrating seeing him in the right wing/right back slot because I just don’t think it works for him out there. He couldnt win a header as his timing was wrong, he got beat far too easily and went missing when we were under pressure down the right side. His best position was last season in central midfield with Yates when he went on runs. He has a good long throw as well which we don’t always capitalise on.

Tootle I’m certain is desperate to help us out of this mess and unlucky with his current injury he’s picked up. His season as an individual has mirrored the clubs in that’s it’s been far below what we would have seen and what we did see last season.

I don’t think Thomas is the solution to our problems either. He may have the odd spells but I don’t think he has the correct decision making football brain for league two level and it’s frustrating in this respect.

Milsom marked his man well, especially when WE had possession, not so good when when his man received the ball and ran away from him but you can't have everything. Nor can you disguise talent, it takes some doing to run sideways, left to right and back, for ninety minutes and still not need a shower.

I wonder if the Monty Python team are looking to make any more films....10 years of material down at Meadow Lane if they are.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Milsom marked his man well, especially when WE had possession, not so good when when his man received the ball and ran away from him but you can't have everything. Nor can you disguise talent, it takes some doing to run sideways, left to right and back, for ninety minutes and still not need a shower.
    That did make me laugh.

In many ways, Rob Milsom sums up everything that's gone wrong at the club. KN barely played him last year and released him at the end of the season. He signs for Crawley on short-term deal, then new manager Harry Kewell decides to bring him back to Notts. Cue Alan Hardy cheering, saying he never should have left in the first place.

Milsom scores against Crewe, plays well, then gets sent off in his next game - against his former side, Crawley. Three-game ban and when he comes back, he's incapable of playing a forward pass for the next couple of months. On December 26, we put him on the bench because he isn't "available to start." Except that a few days later, on December 29, he's back in the starting XI and actually has a decent game against Bury.

He then (presumably) signs a new contract until the end of the season and proceeds to play garbage again for the next few games, looking like a poor man's Gary Owers. And leaving the club looking like it doesn't have a frigging clue what it's doing.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910