+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Cambridge United 12.01.19

So, so sorry for being optimistic before this game... This really does look like the end, doesn't it?

To be honest one doesn't wan't to be a doom monger but I'm now of the mind that Mansfield, Accrington, and Tranmere to name but a few seem to have benefitted in the long term from 2 or 3 seasons in the Conference. This problem with Notts really goes back well over a decade now. Even last season 2 Forest loanees papered over the obvious cracks as post January obviously shows. We need some breathing space, clear out the rubbish and reset the whole show.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    To be honest one doesn't wan't to be a doom monger but I'm now of the mind that Mansfield, Accrington, and Tranmere to name but a few seem to have benefitted in the long term from 2 or 3 seasons in the Conference. This problem with Notts really goes back well over a decade now. Even last season 2 Forest loanees papered over the obvious cracks as post January obviously shows. We need some breathing space, clear out the rubbish and reset the whole show.
    Well, whether it helps in the long term or not, I think we've got to get used to the idea of non-league. As long as we still have a club to support that's the main thing.

PS - I like the Stingray pic. I always sympathised with the fish people. They were the oppressed indigenous population & victims of US imperialism.

1 shot on target with 70 minutes gone is simply inexcusable... this could be the day it all becomes very clear... 6 points adrift of Yeovil who have 2 games in hand so essentially 7 points adrift... we look shot

I think our worse goal difference makes it 8 points

PS - I like the Stingray pic. I always sympathised with the fish people. They were the oppressed indigenous population & victims of US imperialism.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Love your sense of humour.

2 late goals for Notts? - COYP's

Alessandra's can't yet be match fit so no surprise he's subbed, but based on past performances bringing on Thomas wasn't going to improve anything. Then you look at the bench to see what other options there may be to turn it around, and there's nothing obvious there. As I write, I see that Etete is now on for the last ten...

The moment we 'start getting used to the idea of non-league' is the day we truly go down. We're STILL not down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    So, so sorry for being optimistic before this game... This really does look like the end, doesn't it?
    Nope! It's January mate.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast