+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Cambridge United 12.01.19

Yeovil 1 up

Oh dear Oh dear.

" I think there really is a bloody curse on us"

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Yeovil 1 up
    Header from a corner. And we have 3 centre-backs... what's the point?
    Take one off now we're chasing the game?

Well that was garbage. Cheltenham all over again. Very little on the bench to change things around (Brisley and Turley, really?) and very little fight on the pitch. One shot on target, one off target and that’s all I can remember. We look slower, smaller ... and relegation-bound.

Dear god we are poo... I don't think its possible for us to keep a clean sheet... 6 points adrift as it stands

Not great at all. Hewitt at rwb is like Hewitt at rb, it just doesn’t work. If we don’t turn this around second half I fear we already have one foot in the conference.

Cambridge have lost their last 5 league games on the spin away from home including 6-0 at MK and a 3-0 at Morecambe. They lost 4-3 away to Guiseley in the FA Cup and have lost 10 of their last 12 away games in all competitions, conceding 32 goals in the process.

If we can't beat them with a 15k crowd behind us and a new midfield general I don't know where we go from here. Well I do, but it doesn't bear thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Well that was garbage. Cheltenham all over again. Very little on the bench to change things around (Brisley and Turley, really?) and very little fight on the pitch. One shot on target, one off target and that’s all I can remember. We look slower, smaller ... and relegation-bound.
    As you say, it's noticeable how much slower, smaller and weaker we are, particularly up front. Cambridge have pace and strength up front, which makes even a random boot upfield dangerous.

Poor performance so far. Cambridge simply look better than us. They are better equipped to win this football match.

Baring a huge turnaround in the second half, we'll be cut adrift at the bottom. Can't see a way back from here.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    As you say, it's noticeable how much slower, smaller and weaker we are, particularly up front. Cambridge have pace and strength up front, which makes even a random boot upfield dangerous.

Poor performance so far. Cambridge simply look better than us. They are better equipped to win this football match.

Baring a huge turnaround in the second half, we'll be cut adrift at the bottom. Can't see a way back from here.
    I hope we can turn it around second half which the heart says we can but the head says we can’t.

There have been some defining games this season notably Cheltenham and Macclesfield at home where we simply have looked second best and not good enough.

It’s a similar scenario today. Cambridge look better than us, stronger and more able to win the second ball. We’ve offered very little in terms of attacking threat which one or two chances.

I hope the second half is not just a case of going through the motions with the evitable outcome that has bestowed many a home game this season.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast