+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Cambridge United 12.01.19

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    He has had 8 games didn’t Kewell only get 10-11 ?

It’s not worth sacking him and look to the man at the top he is the real idiot not me.
    You can't say that about our football guru, spin dr, football genius who saved the club u know

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Just think of all the new fans we made today!!

2 moments stood out from that. Evina hitting a corner straight out of play like he was about 10. Ending a decent spell when we were building up a bit of pressure.

And that free kick by Thomas near the end. If someone could tell me what he was trying to do I’d be very grateful.
    In fairness I thought Evina played well and had a good game apart from the corner which was a poor effort. In the first half he beat two men going down the line.

Yes Thomas was frustrating. Hit a free kick miles over the bar when surely it would have been better to cross it into the box so someone could put their head on it. (Like how Cambridge scored) Then later he hit a ball across the box low on the ground when the better option may have been to cross it in.

Plenty of players were guilty today of failing at the basics, passing, tackling, control and creatively to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Funny how most fans weren’t saying this when Kewell was here now the excuses are coming out for Ardley.
    I said the same earlier. We might as well stick with the manager at this point no matter what, but it's a good thing Ardley has that Mr Nice Guy thing going for him. If a different manager had come in and got the same results, the atmosphere would be toxic by now.

Kewell is the only one who got this team playing OK-ish for more than one game in a row. It was a weird decision to go for him at the time, but it was an even weirder one to sack him.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I don't normally do "knee jerk" & I agree we may as well get behind Ardley, but that performance stunk of relegation & I now believe that we are going down without a whimper. Yet again we didn't win a 50/50 ball or pick up the 2nd ball all game & that's at home with a massive home support against a side that would probably get relegated if we weren't so bad.
    well that's just not correct, won plenty of 50/50 2nd balls especially in the second half, just didn't do a lot with them.

Enzio, best Notts player by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Yes Thomas was frustrating. Hit a free kick miles over the bar when surely it would have been better to cross it into the box so someone could put their head on it. (Like how Cambridge scored) Then later he hit a ball across the box low on the ground when the better option may have been to cross it in.
    Those were the only two things he did. When I don't get to see matches I have to believe people's excuses for some of these players but today I saw first hand how ****e they are.

Thomas should go back home tonight. If we aren't contractually committed to Milsom, he should **** off back to Crawley, because it was like playing with 10 men. Hewitt is another player of the year type, but who votes for these players? What's the excuse this time, he was played out of position? Evina was awful and far too lightweight as a defender even if he had moments going forwards. And Stead, who never won a header the entire game just isn't a target man, and as he has no pace, I don't see the point of him.

Apart for that, we were OK. The new players looked an upgrade, so let's have some more. I fear it's too little too late though.

What can I say? Pretty poor match between two sides who deserve to be where they are.

It’s not as easy to say that the players didn’t try because they did, but looking at that lineup it’s hard to see how we are going to win many games.

Our attack is totally unbalanced, with little to no presence. While our wing play is non existent.

What really annoys me is that I am not somebody who has spent a lifetime in football but I can look at that squad and see that we lack pace throughout the team and presence up top.

Also the team lacks patience. Too many balls are pumped forward for strikers who are neither quick nor strong to run on to/head down. For me that’s a lack of confidence from the players and management. With the front two we have surely somebody within the coaching staff can see that hoofing it long won’t work? They may be pretty rubbish but at least give them a chance.

Need a target man and some pace soon or we are nailed on for relegation.

So many drama queens on here as per usual.
    Firstly, anyone taking aim at NA is a ****ing numpty. He is bottom of the pecking order of blame. People seem to forget phrases like ‘you can’t polish a turd’, that is what some are asking to happen.
    Anyone who thinks we were not competitive today lacks any footballing knowledge. We were combative, and in particular, O’Brien impressed in this area. Winning the ball on the ground was not an issue.
    Where we lacked was when the ball was in the air.... when we attacked Stead won little to nothing. When they attacked, the aerial duals were 50-50, in midfield we lost a lot of aerial duals, but did OK when the ball was on the deck. I have said for a decade that we seem to be a small side, not suited to the rigours and demands of league 2 hoofball.
    Defence was OK, where our keeper had little to do. Unfortunately, the same could be said for the lard arse in goal for them.
    On today’s showing both teams looked poor. We are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    In fairness I thought Evina played well and had a good game apart from the corner which was a poor effort. In the first half he beat two men going down the line.

Plenty of players were guilty today of failing at the basics, passing, tackling, control and creatively to name a few.
    That run was really good, but Evina was powder puff in the challenge. To be fair I wasn’t even sure what position he was playing. Same with Hewitt, not bad going forward but a terrible defender. Love and obligatory hugs to Tootle by the way.

How come Thomas hasn’t been sent back? Clubs can seemingly recall players at will so how come we can’t give crap players the shove if we want.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 12-01-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    So many drama queens on here as per usual.
    Firstly, anyone taking aim at NA is a ****ing numpty. He is bottom of the pecking order of blame. People seem to forget phrases like ‘you can’t polish a turd’, that is what some are asking to happen.
    Anyone who thinks we were not competitive today lacks any footballing knowledge. We were combative, and in particular, O’Brien impressed in this area. Winning the ball on the ground was not an issue.
    Where we lacked was when the ball was in the air.... when we attacked Stead won little to nothing. When they attacked, the aerial duals were 50-50, in midfield we lost a lot of aerial duals, but did OK when the ball was on the deck. I have said for a decade that we seem to be a small side, not suited to the rigours and demands of league 2 hoofball.
    Defence was OK, where our keeper had little to do. Unfortunately, the same could be said for the lard arse in goal for them.
    On today’s showing both teams looked poor. We are struggling.
    If that's us being competitive, then we really are screwed. We had one shot on target in 90 minutes. We had a centre forward who didn't win a thing all game (again). We had a midfield that had one playing and carrying two passengers. We had two wing backs who are non-league standard at best and failed to put a decent cross in all game.

And we managed to lose a game to a team that has scored something like 10 goals away from home all season. Even worse, we have now lost to every single team around us other than Morecambe (and that will no doubt come soon enough). Cambridge have done the double over us, and Yeovil will get the same opportunity next week.

If this isn't a good time to be a drama queen, six points adrift at the bottom of League 2 after another insipid performance in front of 15,000, then please let me know when is.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast