+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Guitars

Ooooft nice, once I learn how to post pics on here I'll fire up mine!

I did dabble briefly with the bass guitar, even as far as to be in a band playing it whilst in another band playing the guitar. Was merely to help out a friend for rehearsals initially but turned into a few gigs played.

Name:  20180917_194850.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  97.9 KB

My Gibson Gold Top, severely modified by my good self

Never been in a band. Never really tried to be. Its a behind closed doors thing for me

Name:  20180919_155154.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  99.5 KB

This is the my first Eastman, only had it a few months but it was a very worthwhile purchase.

The 2nd Eastman will hopefully be with me by end of the week

Not been in a band for many years, would imagine since 2002ish time period. The old cliche of musical differences!

Was a great time however, rehearsals were probably more enjoyable than the actual gigs but I regret not being in other band(s) after the end of my last one.

You play to any great level? Write your own stuff?

Me and Mason were in a band. He were sh!t. I think I ended up sacking him.

True story

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    ��touche monsier.
    Extreme tho? Seriously? More than Words? More than i can stomach.
    My ex loved extreme. She hated that they sold out. He's currently Rihannas guitarist, or was.

Personally thought they were absolutely ****e.

I always wanted to play the banjo. Anyone know what model I should go for?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    My ex loved extreme. She hated that they sold out. He's currently Rihannas guitarist, or was.

what sort of banjo 5 string or tenor ? What sort of music and style of playing clawhammer /frailing would be an open back 5 string ,bluegrass style 5 string resonator Scottish/Irish trad 17 fret (Irish)short scale tenor
    You can spend an absolute fortune on a banjo with a tone ring itself costing more than a decent guitar.
    Have a look at https://www.andybanjo.com/
    Deering Goodtime do some really decent entry models and beyond as do Goldtone, probably best to try a more entry level until you see if you are serious . You can then upgrade but keep first as your go to practice one. Eagle music of Huddersfield are worth looking at online
    Alternatively you can get a 6 string "banjo" guitar but that not really the same learning the banjer

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    what sort of banjo 5 string or tenor ? What sort of music and style of playing clawhammer /frailing would be an open back 5 string ,bluegrass style 5 string resonator Scottish/Irish trad 17 fret (Irish)short scale tenor
    You can spend an absolute fortune on a banjo with a tone ring itself costing more than a decent guitar.
    Have a look at https://www.andybanjo.com/
    Deering Goodtime do some really decent entry models and beyond as do Goldtone, probably best to try a more entry level until you see if you are serious . You can then upgrade but keep first as your go to practice one. Eagle music of Huddersfield are worth looking at online
    Alternatively you can get a 6 string "banjo" guitar but that not really the same learning the banjer
    More likely Bluegrass. I was advised before to get a resonator and that it's easier to pick up than what I think. Is that the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Aye he Rhinnahs touring guitarist. He also played at the last World Cup draw Played guitar in a Portugal top as some Russian quine sang

Extreme were not sh@t. Some utterly amazing riffs throughout their back catalogue. All down to Nuno.

Name:  banjo-fu-500x840.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  87.2 KB

Aldo, you suit a banjo min
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 14-01-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast