+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitars

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    That's make of guitar I admit to no knowledge of, how's it sound? I often wonder about buying a banjo/mandolin just to see if I'm able to play them, thankfully the good lady has more sense than I do and discourages me from going through with it!

There's nothing quite like the guitar, either listening to or playing in my opinion. Plus they look amazing, the Les Paul is a work of art!

I was into Zakk Wylde for a long time, I still am but about 10-15 years ago he was my guitar god, even to the point of me shelling out over 3 grand for one of his guitars.

Now I try to listen to all types of guitaring though Hendrix and the other obvious legends always get a shot on my playlist
    There's a guy from Orkney called Kris Drever what an amazing Guitarist. YouTube him

John Martyn, great choice mate. Especially with Danny Thomson on upright bass alongside him.

That's make of guitar I admit to no knowledge of, how's it sound? I often wonder about buying a banjo/mandolin just to see if I'm able to play them, thankfully the good lady has more sense than I do and discourages me from going through with it!

There's nothing quite like the guitar, either listening to or playing in my opinion. Plus they look amazing, the Les Paul is a work of art!

I was into Zakk Wylde for a long time, I still am but about 10-15 years ago he was my guitar god, even to the point of me shelling out over 3 grand for one of his guitars.

Now I try to listen to all types of guitaring though Hendrix and the other obvious legends always get a shot on my playlist

Also a huge Zakk Wylde fan unfortunately for me my budget stretched to the Epiphone copy of his guitar, it is a great guitar though, great to play. My mate who i was in a band with used to like playing my guitar more than his Gibson SG.

Nuno Bettencourt is the best guitarist i have seen live

I have seen Zakk many times too. But Nuno blows him away

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua40UOR2MOw
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 12-01-2019 at 08:00 PM.

I've seen Zakk many times also but purely with his BLS, I finally get to see him with Ozzy in Feb and after that I think I'll not go and see him live again, don't get me wrong the guy is amazing but he is something of a one trick pony and his solo spots on tour are the same now as they were 10-15 years ago.

I recently sold my Zakk guitar, it was purely a look and dont touch guitar as it cost a few grand and ultimately I wanted other guitars that I didn't worry over playing n scratching etc so it's time had come and had to go.

I think I'm gonna go for this guitar .......

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/...-t184mx-gb.htm

I've already got an Eastman and it's the mutts nuts and this one has great reviews too.

As for best I've seen live then I agree, Nuno pisses on Zakk and I'm happy to have seen Nuno a couple of times to verify this. But for me it's between Nuno, John 5 (solo stuff) and Paul Gilbert.

I've probably seen most of the guitarists on my "to see live" list, these including Satriani, Slash, Squire, the previous three mentioned and an assortment of other guitarists.

Id have loved to have seen Randy Rhoads n Dimebag but for obvious reasons it's not to be and also Van Halen back in the day as these days he's just not at the races in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Ive actually got a cherry red epiphone ES355. Looks ace, doesnt stay in tune too great tho.

Have a look at the Gretch Country Gent. Pricey but awesome. What a beautiful bit of kit, tone and looks.
    For some reason I never had the love for Gretsch guitars, my mate has one on his grail list but I never really saw the attraction, maybe I just needed to play one to appreciate them.

The same for Gibson SG guitars, they look ok to me and sound half decent but I can't imagine ever getting the desire to go for one, no matter how great a deal it was.

I've seen Zakk many times also but purely with his BLS, I finally get to see him with Ozzy in Feb and after that I think I'll not go and see him live again, don't get me wrong the guy is amazing but he is something of a one trick pony and his solo spots on tour are the same now as they were 10-15 years ago.

I recently sold my Zakk guitar, it was purely a look and dont touch guitar as it cost a few grand and ultimately I wanted other guitars that I didn't worry over playing n scratching etc so it's time had come and had to go.

I think I'm gonna go for this guitar .......

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/...-t184mx-gb.htm

I've already got an Eastman and it's the mutts nuts and this one has great reviews too.

As for best I've seen live then I agree, Nuno pisses on Zakk and I'm happy to have seen Nuno a couple of times to verify this. But for me it's between Nuno, John 5 (solo stuff) and Paul Gilbert.

I've probably seen most of the guitarists on my "to see live" list, these including Satriani, Slash, Squire, the previous three mentioned and an assortment of other guitarists.

Id have loved to have seen Randy Rhoads n Dimebag but for obvious reasons it's not to be and also Van Halen back in the day as these days he's just not at the races in comparison
    John 5 is a good shout. Nae my favourite but a very talented dude

I had seen Nuno a couple of times in Sattelite Party with Perry Farrell. Didnt see the best of him. Then i went to see Extreme in Glasgow in Dec 17 purely for childhood reminiscing purposes and was blown away like never before. He was f@cking spectacular.

Id travel far to see Extreme again
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 12-01-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Exteme????? Come on now? Extremely fkn cheesy and horrible is what they are. Fkn cheese monsters.

That Extreme gig was the second time I'd seen him live, the first was actually at the same venue about 10 or so years previous when Extreme were doing there saudades de rock tour. I knew how amazing he was beforehand but to see it live and up close was breathtaking!

He just makes everything seem so effortless and it's not run of the mill stuff he's doing, it's the full mix bag of scales n tapping etc.

Aye if they ever come back to the UK then I'd happily travel for them.

Nuno was doing the generation axe tour recently with Zakk, Vai, Abasi n Malms****, Malms**** being one of the guys I've still to see even if he does come across as being a bit of a c*nt.

I doubt they'll make it to these shores but it'd be a hell of a gig if they did

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Exteme????? Come on now? Extremely fkn cheesy and horrible is what they are. Fkn cheese monsters.
    Thats a cheek considering you have a black grape avatar. Thats not even music. Its a bunch of spazzies making a clamour

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast