+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitars

Guitars

Looking for advice from any guitar musos out there.

I'm in the market for a thinline/hollowbody electric guitar with hopefully a healthy budget to get a great one.

Any and all recommendations welcome.

You could do a lot worse than an Epiphone .My mate has one great action, tone, cost you around £300.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    You could do a lot worse than an Epiphone .My mate has one great action, tone, cost you around £300.
    You know the model/make?

I was looking more in the upper end of the market, that being Gibson/Eastman etc

He has the ES-335 model think it cost him £320 new. I myself am strictly a Taylor Acoustic man.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    He has the ES-335 model think it cost him £320 new. I myself am strictly a Taylor Acoustic man.
    The Gibson ES-335 in cherry red was the holy grail for me for a very long time, unfortunately if I want a really good one then the prices are crazy.

I think the recent models haven't been as well received as the older ones so for now the grail remains a fantasy purchase but one day....... one day.

I never really took to playing an acoustic, had a few over the years but I always preferred to play the electric, even unplugged I'd opt for that.

For me my holy grail is a Lowden Guitar George Lowden they start at £3000+ upwards Jimmy Moon is another wonderful Luther and Scottish.

I'd heard of Jimmy Moon but not the other geezer, nice looking guitars by both of them!

Guessing you stick strictly to acoustic then and not tempted by the electrics?

Who are your guitar heroes? How you get into playing?

I actually do possess an electric guitar. Its a JK Lado 1982 Canadian I believe. Ive absolutely no idea of its value. I'm into playing Traditional Music also have a Bouzuki mandolin and tenor banjo but been known to burst into some Pink Floyd/Zeppelin !! Guitar is very much my love. Guitarists I like ..Richard Thompson, Hendrix, John Martyn, Always thought Frank Zappa was a very underrated picker the boy Johnny Marr has a great style..

That's make of guitar I admit to no knowledge of, how's it sound? I often wonder about buying a banjo/mandolin just to see if I'm able to play them, thankfully the good lady has more sense than I do and discourages me from going through with it!

There's nothing quite like the guitar, either listening to or playing in my opinion. Plus they look amazing, the Les Paul is a work of art!

I was into Zakk Wylde for a long time, I still am but about 10-15 years ago he was my guitar god, even to the point of me shelling out over 3 grand for one of his guitars.

Now I try to listen to all types of guitaring though Hendrix and the other obvious legends always get a shot on my playlist

Ive actually got a cherry red epiphone ES355. Looks ace, doesnt stay in tune too great tho.

Have a look at the Gretch Country Gent. Pricey but awesome. What a beautiful bit of kit, tone and looks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast