+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

[QUOTE=flourbasher;39112743]Brentford's away record. 0-7-6 /QUOTE]

Bugger.

Ipswich are the poorest side I have seen in a long time,and we were worse in the first half only highlight was Taylor blazing his shot high when it looked easier to score,half asleep for the goal which proved to be there only chance.We did improve second half but it was still dreadful and embarrassing when a catalogue of poor free-kicks corners and missed chances were on the agenda.No matter how you dress it up or was dreadful to watch,us fans deserve better.

Sadly, all very predictable.The week before playing the Millers, the worst team in the league, sign half a new team.
    We've given it a good shot this season, but unfortunately our failure to keep clean sheets, and take chances is condemning us to a relaxation fight, especially against out nearest rivals.
    I didn't see the match, or even listen to it, but I can imagine just how it went. I'm not giving up on the manager whether we stop up or not.

Don’t think it’s about giving up on the manager Jock. I’ll tell you what though in some of the games if we had played well for 90 minutes and not just second half we would have had more points. Some supporters today have had enough of going away and setting up negative.
    That’s down to the manager.
    And then to repeat the after match comments week after week is insulting to the travelling supporters at times.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Listening to his interview on Dee Dar he was clearly erked when the report asked if he could have started with a more attacking line up against a team clearly lacking in confidence.

Speaking at a very fast pace throughout he clearly is now feeling the pressure as he defended his decisions and players repeatedly saying his team were outstanding ?

He finished by saying if you think you could do better you are welcome to my job( words to that effect) clearly after very dissapointing results against Ipswich, Bolton and Reading, all teams in the bottom three ! We need to rethink our position in a concerted effort to stay up.
    Y
    Yes it was very noticeable that PW was a bit tetchy with the interviewer.

He probably has a point that we were unlucky not to have got something from the game. However he admits that we didn't move the ball enough in the first half, that the goal was a result of an error, that we too often didn't get the ball past the first man and we could have had 3 goals (but didn't because we can't finish - my words not his) These are regular shortcomings with our team. In my opinion it's all down to lack of quality at this level which is mainly due to lack of money. I applaud Warney for sticking up for his players but he probably needs to accept that a little criticism is warranted now and then.

It must be really difficult being interviewed straight after that game. I hope this is not going to escalate into Warney going to war with the media and subsequently with fans, some of whom are all too ready to get stuck in - a lot less diplomatically than the bloke interviewing him today. We desperately need a win and a bit of the feel good factor

Thing is players and manager are doing their best but their best isn’t good enough when compared to others in this division. They seem in away games to be defeated before they kick a ball. This conflicts with Warney’s so called motivational skills. They won away last season in L1 many times. So the difference is possibly as simple as the Championship is just a step too far?
    All Millers fans know we are punching above our weight. TS can’t bankroll a budget to improve our chances of staying in this league and so it’s inevitable we will drop to L1 be it this season or soon after.
    Perhaps we just have to live with stealing a few points at home and accept our fate with grace, enjoying the higher standard of football and increased atmosphere created by the bigger teams in this league.
    When we return to L1 we’ll win more than we’ll lose and we’ll have a proven manager at that level.
    A mate of mine supports Huddersfield. He enjoyed the Championship days above the Premiership. It’s hard getting wupped. Look at Sunderland’s home crowds now that they’re winning again in L1. They’re amazing.
    Hope we can stay up, looks less and less likely now that we’ve entered the business end of the season but ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Thing is players and manager are doing their best but their best isn’t good enough when compared to others in this division. They seem in away games to be defeated before they kick a ball. This conflicts with Warney’s so called motivational skills. They won away last season in L1 many times. So the difference is possibly as simple as the Championship is just a step too far?
    All Millers fans know we are punching above our weight. TS can’t bankroll a budget to improve our chances of staying in this league and so it’s inevitable we will drop to L1 be it this season or soon after.
    Perhaps we just have to live with stealing a few points at home and accept our fate with grace, enjoying the higher standard of football and increased atmosphere created by the bigger teams in this league.
    When we return to L1 we’ll win more than we’ll lose and we’ll have a proven manager at that level.
    A mate of mine supports Huddersfield. He enjoyed the Championship days above the Premiership. It’s hard getting wupped. Look at Sunderland’s home crowds now that they’re winning again in L1. They’re amazing.
    Hope we can stay up, looks less and less likely now that we’ve entered the business end of the season but ya never know.
    I can reconcile with that narrative Pete , enjoying this season immensely compared to last .

Who doesn't want their team to win games of football ?

Let's be honest about this; people want to play 2 up front or play this formation or that formation. Odds are that the points at the end of the game would be the same whatever. We can't compete financially. Scraping the odd win by a goal here and there is the best we can hope for.

I'm not sure how much Ipswich have spent but I would put my house on it that it's more than us. We shouldn't be surprised that we lost away to Ipswich!!!

I do agree that Vyner has been a real weak link so far. I believe he's a centre back by trade which may be why he is never in the right back position!!!!

Message from Bristol City Secret Services Dept - well done agent Vyner - that's one relegation place that we now don't have to worry about thanks to you ... and Warney and Tony Stewart never suspected a thing... HA HA HA!

Seriously though... only a lunatic would have Vyner and Taylor as first choices on the teamsheet.
    Our Walsall reserves winger remains exactly as he was on the day we signed him (for some bizarre reason) , no better or worse than on that day, and sadly nowhere near Championship standard.

None of our players can hit a shot hard without ballooning it over the bar, or head the ball below the opposition goal crossbar level from a few yards out. These are basic skills that kids (even the ones who hate football) are taught at school! Hardly any of our MANY free kicks and corners cleared the "first defender".
    I know it has been asked a lot of times, but what the **** are they doing in training?

Looks like it's us, Ipswich and Bolton for the drop
    Last edited by mikemiller; 12-01-2019 at 10:58 PM.

If Warney said that then he’s out of order.
    Vaulks is definitely mardy but wasn’t out of order but he’s got to take the negative (the tweeter wasn’t abusive) on the chin.

I’ve said that we need to set up to win games.
    Why I bothered going yesterday I don’t know (idiot) I knew how he would set up

I don’t know what will be my next away game, until the management get it right I’m done.

Brentford at home will be a nightmare for Warney but ffs set up to win

Abuse to Vyner is out of order imo, he’s been playing out of position since he’s been here, anyone can see that if you watch, be same with Williams if Warney and co insist he plays out of position aswell, it’s wrong.

Most of Players are good enough imo but are not being used right
    Last edited by millertop; 13-01-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast