+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

Only 5 wins would suggest we don’t have the required quality for anything less than bottom 5.

First things first.
    Warny needs to stop with the very very negative 1 up front formation because we are just not quick enough from the back to use it properly. When teams that are there for the taking (like today) we need a more positive approach with attack at the forefront of our thinking.

I know people are going to say that we don't have an attack .....Yawn........ We don't have an attack because we don't use it not because we don't have one.

I have said it from the start of the season 3-5-2 is the best formation we could use with the players we have. But WTF do I know.

Why are Vyner and Taylor the first names on the Warney team sheet every week? Unless that changes we are doomed

Word from Rolymiller now...

Didn't play that bad overall.laid seige to their goal second half. But a lot of half chances ballooned over bar. Best players wiles, Smith, Williams, Robertson, mattock. Should have had a point. They had one shot and score. The culprit was Vyner yet again. We desperately need a good right back if we don't get anybody else. Good noisy millers following let down again.

different between Ipswich and rotherhan

stuck at the bottom 7 points adrift.

go get 5 loan players in no messing about no waiting for someone to leave.

even if it's just to do a job untill the end kof the season and wham 3 points against your relegation rivals.

Just watched the highlights and if they're representative we should have won comfortably. The only Ipswich attack they showed was the goal.

Chatting to a few Ipswich fans at the station, they were over the moon to have somehow won. Said Rotherham were a decent team, better than they were, but couldn't finish. Pretty much sums it up. No lack of effort, players not quite good enough. Way too many passes simply giving possession back to opposition or straight into touch. They were there for the taking.
    I'm not convinced the set up is wrong, we just need to play with conviction from the start and get numbers up with Smith more quickly.
    Must have had 10 decent set piece situations today and 90% were either hit first man or bog standard boot it into the box so Collins can head it clear.
    Bit more guile would be good. Enjoyed it though. Fans were in good voice.

We only created a couple of clear-ish chances but did work as a team to put a lot of pressure on them in second half. I’m sure they benefited from having James Collins to organise them, but it wouldn’t save them against teams with a more creative attack.

I was fine with us letting them have the ball in defence as they created nothing in the first half either and made plenty of mistakes in possession.

Couldn’t see what happened too clearly with the goal but looked like not quite being bullish enough when the cross came in.

We can’t really do much in possession when put under pressure so to get 17 shots in all isn’t too bad.

In reality we just don’t have a squad that can match other teams across all areas of our play, not trying to be critical or do us down but it’s just how I see it - from concentration, passing and creativity, finishing, strength (Quaner did well for them holding the ball up and you could just see the wiry strength of a player that a Premiership club chose to buy, compared to Smith who I’m a huge fan of but isn’t as strong as that).

I just can’t see how Vyner is better than Jones and he does seem a weak link. I’m sure Warne sees what I don’t but he just seems to make quite a few mistakes.

Good to give Yates a go too who had a couple of decent touches coming on but not quite got the presence yet I feel. And his half time warmup was half hearted at best.

To finish on a big positive note, Ben Wiles - I really hope he can keep it up and keep adapting. Great to have him impress.

Warney “Rattled !

Listening to his interview on Dee Dar he was clearly erked when the report asked if he could have started with a more attacking line up against a team clearly lacking in confidence.

Speaking at a very fast pace throughout he clearly is now feeling the pressure as he defended his decisions and players repeatedly saying his team were outstanding ?

He finished by saying if you think you could do better you are welcome to my job( words to that effect) clearly after very dissapointing results against Ipswich, Bolton and Reading, all teams in the bottom three ! We need to rethink our position in a concerted effort to stay up.
    Y

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I agree with both Herbie and Saw.
    There has got to be a lack of confidence for away games. I don't know if we can change that other than by winning a few - which looks unlikely (catch 22?).
    We are terrible at converting chances. We don't have an actual striker. Vaulks is our top scorer with 6, Smith second with 5. The next two are Manning (now gone) with 4 and Proctor (possibly finished?) with 4.
    Kieffer has scored 14 for Barnsley and has not played every game
    A different league of course but surely he would have had a better conversion rate , even in the Championship?
    Not necessarily , he scored two for us in the championship and one of those was a cross that finished up in the top corner and a total freak .

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Listening to his interview on Dee Dar he was clearly erked when the report asked if he could have started with a more attacking line up against a team clearly lacking in confidence.

Speaking at a very fast pace throughout he clearly is now feeling the pressure as he defended his decisions and players repeatedly saying his team were outstanding ?

He finished by saying if you think you could do better you are welcome to my job( words to that effect) clearly after very dissapointing results against Ipswich, Bolton and Reading, all teams in the bottom three ! We need to rethink our position in a concerted effort to stay up.
    Y
    Just heard it, very unwarney like, came accross a bit Mardy school childish...the result is clearly hurting

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast