+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

So on a day where one 23 year long run comes to an end, another one continues as the Millers fail again to get an away win or worse still even a draw. Disappointing? Frustrating? Still outside the bottom 3 but the writing on the wall seems to be getting bigger.

Thoughts on today's events?

PS Get well soon Zippy, you can't miss another one until around 2042 if you want to break your own record

Didn't miss much by the sound of it.

Failure to take chances costing us dear this time around - and no sign of it changing soon enough sadly. Both these sides may meet again next year - but which League?

I'd better hold my council on this one. Let's just say that this team are mentally defeated away from home before the bus leaves the NYS.

I'll leave it there.

We had 17 shots they had 3, commentary suggested crossing was garbage again and we lacked quality.

Looked like we were negative until we conceded another gimme, think Warne needs to be less negative against the poor sides. This is another potential 3 points that got away

It’s like being in an abusive relationship being a miller you get brief moments of happiness but mostly you just get things thrown at you which cause you pain

Sick of being the better team and not winning the match!

I agree with both Herbie and Saw.
    There has got to be a lack of confidence for away games. I don't know if we can change that other than by winning a few - which looks unlikely (catch 22?).
    We are terrible at converting chances. We don't have an actual striker. Vaulks is our top scorer with 6, Smith second with 5. The next two are Manning (now gone) with 4 and Proctor (possibly finished?) with 4.
    Kieffer has scored 14 for Barnsley and has not played every game
    A different league of course but surely he would have had a better conversion rate , even in the Championship?

I go to every game and we just don’t look like winning away.
    Forget possession or chances we just don’t ever look like we’re going to win.
    We simply lack the quality.
    Not having a go at the manager or the players it’s just how it is.
    First time today I’ve heard quite a few on way out questioning if Warne is to blame for away record?

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    I go to every game and we just don’t look like winning away.
    Forget possession or chances we just don’t ever look like we’re going to win.
    We simply lack the quality.
    Not having a go at the manager or the players it’s just how it is.
    First time today I’ve heard quite a few on way out questioning if Warne is to blame for away record?
    I agree with some of this, but respectfully suggest we do have the quality. We beat teams at home, so we should win away. It's simply down to mindset, nothing more. There don't appear to be any consequences to us losing other than a general shrug of the shoulders and occasional tweets from players saying 'the effort was there, just didn't run for us. We'll dust ourselves off and move on to the next game'. Pretty standard Saturday night reading.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast