+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't win.

Can't win.

Just read the following on the "red rag" match report from Lee Curtis.
    Can't win, can't defend and can't keep players fit.
    My question is; what is going on behind the scenes at Meadow Lane? This is not the fault of NA in my opinion, there must be something deep rooted within the club that has brought us to this dreadful position. Why do we have so many injuries? Is it the training, is it the back room team, or is it that the players don't want to know?

I really felt that today we would get a positive result. Now we can only pray that the footballing gods look kindly on us for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    My question is; what is going on behind the scenes at Meadow Lane? This is not the fault of NA in my opinion, there must be something deep rooted within the club that has brought us to this dreadful position. Why do we have so many injuries? Is it the training, is it the back room team, or is it that the players don't want to know?

I really felt that today we would get a positive result. Now we can only pray that the footballing gods look kindly on us for the rest of the season.
    Wasn't Mike Edwards our fitness coach? What's happened since he left? - he was our talisman, on and off the pitch.

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Wasn't Mike Edwards our fitness coach? What's happened since he left? - he was our talisman, on and off the pitch.
    Yeah right..

11/1/2017 Hardy takes over

21 Leyton Orient 25 7 4 14 27 37 -10 25
    22 Notts County 25 6 4 15 28 48 -20 22
    23 Cheltenham 24 4 9 11 24 37 -13 21
    24 Newport County 24 4 5 15 28 44 -16 17

£6m and 3 (including Sheridan) managers later:

21 Morecambe 28 -16 28
    22 Yeovil 26 -4 27
    23 Macclesfield 28 -19 24
    24 Notts County 28 -28 21

3 more games, one less point.
    Morecambe are getting a point a game, 46 over the season. Notts would need 25 points in 18 games to level that. There is no sign it is going to happen.

You're not wrong. Something more wrong than we think.
    Common denominator is that we are just a team full of sh1t players and I wish they'd all just f*** off

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    11/1/2017 Hardy takes over

21 Leyton Orient 25 7 4 14 27 37 -10 25
    22 Notts County 25 6 4 15 28 48 -20 22
    23 Cheltenham 24 4 9 11 24 37 -13 21
    24 Newport County 24 4 5 15 28 44 -16 17

£6m and 3 (including Sheridan) managers later:

21 Morecambe 28 -16 28
    22 Yeovil 26 -4 27
    23 Macclesfield 28 -19 24
    24 Notts County 28 -28 21

3 more games, one less point.
    Morecambe are getting a point a game, 46 over the season. Notts would need 25 points in 18 games to level that. There is no sign it is going to happen.
    Definitely had an impact wouldn't you say

Dire decision making at every single level of this club: from those advising the owners, the owners themselves(Trew and AH), its never been addressed and that is why we are where we are. It was going to happen eventually. I still can't see us going down but that is based on nothing more than vain hope. Where has all those manager sackings got us? No where. Might as well have stuck with Fullerton et al for all the good it has done us.

Quote Originally Posted by Quite_frankly View Post
    Might as well have stuck with Fullerton et al for all the good it has done us.
    Quite frankly the most rediculous statement I've seen on here.

And then, slowly but surely, the truth permeates my deeply depressed brain. You Sir just summed up how sh!t we are.
    Last edited by pielover; 12-01-2019 at 06:02 PM.

We should have stuck with Kewell, he was far less likeable than Ardley but this bunch of wasters don't seem like the arm round the shoulder kind of team to me, his "my way or the highway" approach probably would have served us better long term, it certainly did short term, Ardley needs to win 2 out of his next 3 to equal Kewell's record.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast