+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive win

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You need to get off your arse Alf and go and watch them in real time. The lads dug in, the weather was atrocious and we won. Nothing absolute absolute absolute dog Schite about our performance, the lads they gave it all they had and I will never ask anymore than that.
    The conditions were the same for both teams BT and I think Alf has a point.I dont know what SD told them at half time but it did not work.I do not think Mcneil`s injury was that bad and Barnes is hard as nails so I do not think those events had much of an impact on the game.Mcneil again the shining star and shame we couldn`t sign Joe Bryan last Summer he put some belting crosses into our box.

You need to get off your arse Alf and go and watch them in real time. The lads dug in, the weather was atrocious and we won. Nothing absolute absolute absolute dog Schite about our performance, the lads they gave it all they had and I will never ask anymore than that.
    Maybe I over re-acted a little bit BT,but it wasn't the best of second half performances.. Having said that Fulham never beat us at turf..

As for watching them in real time.. I might have a trip down with my grandchildren next time they are visiting .. (Only if they have been naughty though and need punishing) lol

Claudio Ranieri....."Unbelievable, Unbelievable". Good to see another manager on MOTD bemoaning their luck and seeming bemused that they'd left Turf Moor with nowt, it's been a while. Things are gradually returning to normal.

Ranieri was as miserable as our dog is, when he has to go for a toilet break in the pouring rain...

Attachment 11548

Like a few have said conditions were the same for both teams, Burnley displayed a reasonable performance in the first half, in the second they went into their shell which has been a constant in many games, we was lucky to get away with that win, to confirm it even more Matelot cashed in his bet early as he said Fulham were all over us which they were and everyone could feel a goal was coming any minute, it didn't though, not because of any digging in or extra giving it their all, but because of luck.

Any Team and even Burnley who occasionally have an off day can be forgiven as its only natural to do so.

But Burnley's poor form has been there for all to see for a while now, from only 8 wins in a full Calendar year before those last 2 games after Christmas, 24 league and cup games we have played this season with at least 17 (and I'm being kind) being below average (and again I'm being kind with "average").

Not so long ago nearly all of us were agreeing that most of the Burnley team were not performing and stating many should be shown the door as they are not PL standard, we have had a couple of wins a dodgy FA Cup Win and now a first half which was average and a second half that was dire, wasteful and suicidal yet some are saying we dug in, deserved the points and are back on the right track, I admire your biased comments but believe me we are a long way from the right track fella's.

Four wins on the bounce and you are still all full of woe and negativity Alto. I was there yesterday and the MOTD crew got it spot on, we were in control for the most part, we dug in and got three points. I truly believe you expect every other team to turn up, not bother about playing their own brand of football and just let us win? Yesterday was a perfect performance given the absentees through injury and the state of the weather and pitch. And fair play to Fulham, they had a right good old go! Onwards and forwards.

".......Matelot cashed in his bet early as he said Fulham were all over us which they were and everyone could feel a goal was coming any minute, it didn't though, not because of any digging in or extra giving it their all, but because of luck........."

Everyone except me and why were we lucky? Did I miss something like a disallowed goal, or an offside being given that wasn't or a blatant handball which should have been a penalty but wasn't spotted by the referee? What was lucky?

thanks to a crap Fulham for scoring our Goals !.....and thanks to the weather for stopping them scoring more for themselves....and thanks to Heaton for at least one cracking save.....and thanks to Tark for a goaline clearance.....and thanks to a Fulham player for only hitting the bar.........and....and....and.

Wood hit the post, several of our lads put in proper match winning performances and Fulham are now back in West London pointless. 'Nuff said!

So Sub, you enjoyed sitting there for 45 minutes of the second half with us sitting back and being overrun time and time again ? And no doubt with your words in your post you enjoyed it, and worse of all you have accepted that very poor disappointing 2nd half.

MOTD crew couldn't distinguish their own arse from their elbow, and if they say Burnley controlled the game for the most part then that proves my point

"Four wins on the bounce" Get it right BT, a reasonable win against a lack lustre West Ham team, a below average (poor) performance against bottom Club Huddersfield, a very poor performance in the Cup against a team 2 leagues below us, and in yesterdays game some bright play in the first half but could not string more than a few passes together in the 2nd half or mount anything constructive going forward to alleviate the pressure, oh and if you forgot we didn't have 1 shot on target against the worse defence in the PL, yourself BT and other always split hairs with my words and I don't get annoyed at it as it just proves my point even more when you do that, I don't want to play the top 6 or any lower teams off the pitch at any time, but I do expect some at least average performances from our players, I expect the odd bad game, but not about 18 out of 24 !

You said yourself a while ago BT that most of Burnley's players had to be shown the door as they were not good enough, now because of 4 straight wins regardless of reasonable performances or the quality of opponents you think "Onwards and forwards"

I call it as I see it, 4 wins on the bounce is good, but the level of play has been disappointing, has been all season, If you BT, Sub and others feel its adequate and you can watch us defend relentlessly as we do and call it enjoyment or adequate or that it was a perfect performance because of absentees or weather conditions or any other slant you wish to tag it with, that is your right, that it differs from mine makes it a more interesting and entertaining message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)