+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Championship Title/Automatic Promotion; Make or Break Transfer Window

Patience required.

As Robbie said, can't solve recruitment mistakes stretching back years in one window.

We need to accept it will take probably 4 windows to truly set us on the right path.

Instant success is unlikely.

Livi have a core of about 7 players that have been there for over 2 and a half years. Ayr have a core that's been there for donkeys.

We need to give a manager time to build a core.

Totally agree Frank. Recent evidence suggest a lot of fans don't have that appetite though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Another point here - Fyvie looks finished. He got MOTM from utd website but stanton and others having to cover for his lack of pace. Something not right. Hope Jimmy can cover here.
    Yep. Get out the team for next 3/4 games and get fit please. Otherwise needs dropped. Fyvies email like pace was first blatantly obvious in.the Friday night horror show v Ayr. He must not play at Somerset in my view.

Given the amount of dross we have on board I hand on heart believe we will still struggle to get out of this league this season. If Robbie can get his core team in place this season and get us up next year in a position to keep us up I think I'd prefer that to going up this year and coming straight back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    Given the amount of dross we have on board I hand on heart believe we will still struggle to get out of this league this season. If Robbie can get his core team in place this season and get us up next year in a position to keep us up I think I'd prefer that to going up this year and coming straight back down.
    If we can get to spl then can buy spl players.

With Ogren investment and RN as manager no chance we’d go down. Bottom of SPL is really poor

Quote Originally Posted by JelloBiafra View Post
    Yep. Get out the team for next 3/4 games and get fit please. Otherwise needs dropped. Fyvies email like pace was first blatantly obvious in.the Friday night horror show v Ayr. He must not play at Somerset in my view.
    My emails usually get sent pretty quickly???

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I feel we got a new signing today in Clark - if he stays fit. For all Sanfrankos efforts he may be the one replaced if Clark keeps fit and we buy another striker
    i would always play both together personally

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You think folk will be happy for Robbie to stay if he doesn't get us promoted? I certainly will but I'm not sure about others.
    yeah i dont think anyone has any doubts about RN

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Totally agree Frank. Recent evidence suggest a lot of fans don't have that appetite though.
    i think we all knew with Mixu, McKinnon and Csaba that they werent the right men

Mixu talked pish and made some horrendous decisions like Demel on the weeng and Morris as a wing back

Raymond was poor overall and missed the obvious

Csaba was poor, really poor. should never have been given a pre season. Lyng ffs

Robbie speaks well, has a proven record in Scotland. Has identified the same issues we have all spoke about for months. I get good vibes from him and its been a while for me to say that about a manager

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    disagree, get the f uck out this league now and then build in the summer to keep us up!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)