+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible turning point...

I'd say the best four attacking options are Clark, Safranko, Nisbet, Cammy Smith, Aird despite last week I think can still contribute, esp if we played 4-4-2. problem with 3-1 formation is C Smith and Nisbet both prob want to play behind the strikers, and Clark is an out and out striker but prob better playing in a two.

I don't think M Smith, King, or McMullan are good enough. it was like having 9 men with M Smith and McMullan today, who has zero end product.

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post

As a btw did anyone else think Nesbit was worse this week than last?
    Aside from the assist, Nesbit was honking. No pace and couldn't complete a simple pass. I'm hoping its just because he's not match fit.

Nt having a go giving that we got the 3pts today which is the most important thing.

However we were utter crap today. Bt dispite this by the grace of god we are still in with a chance.

Agree with opening thread I think fyvie has nt been at his best over the past few games or more, and has been at times a liability. I also think he is quite a negative player always looking for a side ways or back pass and at times is to slow on the ball.

Was also expecting more from nesbitt today after last weeks performance.

A number of player really need to look at themselves. Past couple of games wld nt have even knowing stanton was on had it nt been for the program.

Need to strengthen for the final push or we can forget it.

It seems that despite our best efforts not to qualify for promotion, the other teams are not letting us have our way?

sad to say but imo Stanton highlights the problems we have had in our team for a long time.....turns it on when in the mood...ie consistency!!I do think Stanton is a player but I also think he needs better players around him to get the best out of his skills.
    If guys like King, McMullen, Murdoch and Aird cant produce it REGULARLY in this poor league says it all to me.....hence the reason Robbie is bringing in new players.
    I really believe if we can get players in who can beat a defender and provide Safranko with the early ball he will score regularly, as for Clark we have definitely missed his type of movement in and around the box....but again these guys need regular and decent supply!!
    Last edited by Eamons_lost_wig_04; 12-01-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamons_lost_wig_04 View Post
    sad to say but imo Stanton highlights the problems we have had in our team for a long time.....turns it on when in the mood...ie consistency!!I do think Stanton is a player but I also think he needs better players around him to get the best out of his skills.
    If guys like King, McMullen, Murdoch and Aird cant produce it REGULARLY in this poor league says it all to me.....hence the reason Robbie is bringing in new players.
    I really believe if we can get players in who can beat a defender and provide Safranko with the early ball he will score regularly, as for Clark we have definitely missed his type of movement in and around the box....but again these guys need regular and decent supply!!
    I think Stanton is suffering because Fyvie isnt where he should be, whether that be not fully fit of never will be the player we want him to be again. This is dropping Stanton into an area where he will do a shift, but he isnt the player to be putting in tackles left, right and centre! The laddie ran himself into the ground today trying to make up for other players today and took a few sore ones! Also has his own injury issues and maybe should be getting a rest, which may happen soon if the right player is brought in.

Stanton gives the ball away a hell of an amount and that's not down to anyone but him.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Stanton gives the ball away a hell of an amount and that's not down to anyone but him.
    Several culprits for that! Stanton is usually the first one getting the ball back whether it is him who has lost the ball or not.

None of the midfielders were at it today. I remember one moment in the first half, Stanton did brilliant to win the ball got past a couple of players then missed a simple 10 yard pass to McMullan and it went out for a throw. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    None of the midfielders were at it today. I remember one moment in the first half, Stanton did brilliant to win the ball got past a couple of players then missed a simple 10 yard pass to McMullan and it went out for a throw. Frustrating.
    The number of balls given away and chances presented to pars was bad. The defence did well especially centre half’s - a lot of last ditch tackles and blocks were needed

Like others I’m questioning Stanton and Fyvie in there. They have quality but the consistency and intensity needs to be there.

Safranko and Clark up front has to be the way to fire up this league. I’d like to see 4-4-2 or something with 2 up front to see if we can start scoring more (and being more solid)

We are very lucky. Usually a team at the top has 2+ points a match minimum but no one doing that well and has given us chance when we are still near the top.

RN needs to invest massively and get us enough talent and spirit to start winning.

GK, RB and another striker would be ideal!

With not many games to go Ayr away is now enormous

COME ON UNITED!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)