+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crewe Alex Vs Newport

Crewe Alex Vs Newport

Yes! Garra charrua! 'Till the end! Well done!

That was immensely satisfying!

It was a very long time ago since we won three on the bounce at home. But when did we last achieve such a feat? Anyone got the date of this?
    Moaners all gone quiet after another rousing home victory. Just puts things into perspective really. Local rivals, Stoke and Vale are in a far worse state than the Alex.

A fantastic comeback result yesterday, just hope we can strengthen the squad where required and start getting some results away from home. Where was Green yesterday ?

Green picked up a minor niggle at training on Friday. So we started with 7 Academy graduates plus Wintle, then brought two more on to win the game. I think each and every one of them stood up to the bully boy tactics and Gorgeous George lost a bit of claret in the cause - even had to strip off in front of the main stand so thank god he remembered his undercrackers!

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    A fantastic comeback result yesterday, just hope we can strengthen the squad where required and start getting some results away from home. Where was Green yesterday ?
    There are plenty of squad strengtheners are Rease Heath. Once again the academy boys showed us what it is all about. Maybe Newport need a class two academy then they might end their losing run!!

Wink

Justice seen to be done in the end and now 14th.
    Playoffs very much attainable if we can start picking up some away wins.
    As for Stoke and Vale...

Tremendous win against a team full of confidence at the moment but it was thoroughly deserved, I had some doubts that we could achieve that level of performance when I heard Green was injured but Ainley came in and had one of his best performances. We should have secured the result in the first half but we then gifted Newport 2 goals with some poor defending and I don't understand what NG was doing putting the ball back in the penalty area for Newports second goal. It all led to an exciting last 8 minutes though, most satisfying win this season and it makes a change coming back from being a goal down. Now that is the level of performance we need away from home pick up some results away from home and climb the league table.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    It was a very long time ago since we won three on the bounce at home. But when did we last achieve such a feat? Anyone got the date of this?
    Moaners all gone quiet after another rousing home victory. Just puts things into perspective really. Local rivals, Stoke and Vale are in a far worse state than the Alex.
    One certainty is this: The Alex have the third best home record in League 2 behind Bury and MK Dons.
    As for that question I posed earlier. The answer is this: For the first time since Jan / Feb 2012, we have now won three home games on the bounce. Not all doom and gloom for the manager, who many are calling to step down from his job. Someone mentioned the play-offs. Well I am not that optimistic on that front. To be realistic, we just need to keep our home form going and hopefully our dismal away record will improve sooner or later. Finish as high as we possibly can will be a realistic aim. Just shows that anyone can beat anyone in this league of ours. Up the Alex.

A funny game that. Newport hardly had a look-in during the 1st half but we all knew that a single goal lead wouldn't be enough. As usual they came out with a different approach and stopped pressing them and started leaving theusual huge gap between the midfield and our one man up front. Another transformation was Perry, who was as brilliant in the 1st half as he was comical with his defendind in the second!
    However the great thing was the fight back. Too many times this season we've seen us give away a lead and several heads drop. It didn't happen this time,in fact it seemed to galvanise them.
    It was all very satisfying especially as Newport were the dirtiest team I've seen this season. Once again I have to give credit to Ainley for his contribution running at the opposition with his tricky fast feet in places where it hurt them.
    Team Moo, you were at the wrong match!!¡!