+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley post match interview

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    No, he would've boarded the wrong plane and ended up in Syria or somewhere
    Funny how everyone was singing his praises a few games ago and was looked upon as our best player.
    Now he is crap, fickle or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Wow what a post patch interview.Sounded exasperated, low on energy and blamed the players. Said common denominator this season is the players. He said forwards did nothing but lose the ball , defence lost their man for goal, midfield showed no desire or quality and really says we are deep in it. Be afraid! Be very afraid
    Well he did pick Hewitt who has been crap all season, and like all the other managers he continues to pick Stead. Who has no pace, he cant head or trap a ball and is otherwise useless..

Scary thing is 1961, it's not me saying it but his Manager! And remember is was Captain today. Today I left deflated because I genuinely cannot see how we can possibly turn this around unless Ardley works miracles in the transfer market. We need to release Milsom, Ward,Turley, Thomas and Pindroch as an absolute minimum to make way for new players .

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Funny how everyone was singing his praises a few games ago and was looked upon as our best player.
    I've never sung his praises, so how is that 'everyone'?

People are going to be well and truly f***ed off tonight. Like most others I've put in a 46 year plus investment (time, money emotional) in this club which is going to end up losing league status. This shouldn't happen to a club like ours.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 12-01-2019 at 06:20 PM.

I have never sung his praise, To me he has always been a donkey....

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Everyone or most slated Kewell when he laid the blame at the door of the players...
    Looks like he was right after all....and perhaps should have been given more time to manage the club as he saw it....!
    We seem to have ended up with a squad of players that only performed in the early days with KN's arm around them. Once the realisation that they were actually crap dawned there's nothing left other than scratching the bin for the odd loanee or meeting the greed of some smarmy agent.

Just about a shame that the recent fire in the Cattle Market didn't take the whole thing down, at least it would have been a good excuse and garnered some sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Scary thing is 1961, it's not me saying it but his Manager! And remember is was Captain today. Today I left deflated because I genuinely cannot see how we can possibly turn this around unless Ardley works miracles in the transfer market. We need to release Milsom, Ward,Turley, Thomas and Pindroch as an absolute minimum to make way for new players .
    Agree with that Warnock..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well he did pick Hewitt who has been crap all season, and like all the other managers he continues to pick Stead. Who has no pace, he cant head or trap a ball and is otherwise useless..
    What other choice does he have? Would you have benched Stead (who scored in the last game btw) for Kion Etete? Then at right wing back he had the choice of playing a left back out of position again (which didn't work well the last time he did it) or play another centre half there like Turley, which I can't see working too well either.

He's limited by his available options, he pretty much has to play that formation as the only fit winger we have is Thomas, who I'd be sending back to Sheffield ASAP. We have Nolan to thank for that.

Stead wasn't cr4p, but nor was he a great deal better than the rest of the dross on the field. As above, we defended OK except for that one moment of madness, but we wouldn't have scored if we'd carried on playing for a week. I've come to the conclusion that these players are gonna take us down without so much as a whimper. The ONLY hope we have is 3 steller signings in what's left of the tranny window. 2 forwards and another midfielder would do. But what's the chance of attracting decent players to a club that's rock bottom of L2 unless we offer ridiculous money??? In summary, we're as good as down on today's showing.

I really don't know what options he could play, the current crop of hasbeens, never beens and never ever will be's are so bad his options are very limited indeed. Depressing days indeed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast