+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ardley post match interview

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I have never sung his praise, To me he has always been a donkey....
    every one's always crap or a donkey in your book.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Scary thing is 1961, it's not me saying it but his Manager! And remember is was Captain today. Today I left deflated because I genuinely cannot see how we can possibly turn this around unless Ardley works miracles in the transfer market. We need to release Milsom, Ward,Turley, Thomas and Pindroch as an absolute minimum to make way for new players .
    Agree with that mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Wow what a post patch interview.Sounded exasperated, low on energy and blamed the players. Said common denominator this season is the players. He said forwards did nothing but lose the ball , defence lost their man for goal, midfield showed no desire or quality and really says we are deep in it. Be afraid! Be very afraid
    Totally agree, he sounded a broken man as if he has regretted his decision and who can blame him watching that shower of sh$t again.
    If we lose at Yeovil we are pretty much down.
    As for 99% of the players do us all a favour and eff off.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I have never sung his praise, To me he has always been a donkey....
    I don't include you Durham because every one is a donkey to you. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I don't include you Durham because every one is a donkey to you. ��
    Tell you wot.Look back Durham has never been far off the mark

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Tell you wot.Look back Durham has never been far off the mark
    It's not really putting your neck on the line saying players in League 2 aren't world beaters though is it?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Everyone or most slated Kewell when he laid the blame at the door of the players...
    Looks like he was right after all....and perhaps should have been given more time to manage the club as he saw it....!
    Correct I’ve been saying this for weeks and then we had Steve “play 6 defenders at home” Chettle throw an important match against Cheltenham defensive coach he came in as it’s laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Everyone or most slated Kewell when he laid the blame at the door of the players...
    Looks like he was right after all....and perhaps should have been given more time to manage the club as he saw it....!
    This is what niggled me, I must admit. The reasons for his departure seemed to be that the players didn't like the way he spoke to them and it "just wasn't working", but we've now heard from a succession of different types of manager of varying characters, all of whom have ultimately ended up concluding some of the players aren't good enough. Kewell maybe called it earlier and more forcibly and upset one or two of our poor little darlings, because Australians aren't known for tolerating fools, especially in the sporting arena, but it doesn't mean he was wrong!

So let's be blunt, Neal Ardley's inherited a crock of sh*t, perhaps even more in terms of character and application than ability. He virtually admitted in his interview that he was having to try to get them going today, which shouldn't be the case for any group of pro footballers in a six-pointer. If they can't rouse themselves for a game of this magnitude in front of a big crowd, they've no business playing the game at this level.

As others have said, defensively we weren't that bad aside from the goal, and Duffy marshalled the two young lads quite well I thought, but as a creative attacking force we were clueless. I don't know how many more times we have to play Hewitt as a right-back or right wing-back to realise that he simply can't do the job defensively or going foward , but to be fair to him there were plenty more so-called attacking players on the pitch who contributed nothing. Alessandra was totally ineffective especially compared with the lively performances of Kellett in recent weeks. Milsom was shocking too, and Stead can't hold up a ball to save his life. Somebody dial up Jimmy Spencer!

The one bright light, as expected based on the reviews from Bradford, was Jim O'Brien. He was the only non-defender who seemed to have the courage to want to get on the ball and try to spark something, and he was constantly snarling at the corpses around him to try to spark some life from them, but you can't flog a dead horse and I thought his sheer frustration almost boiled over late in the second half. For one horrible minute I also thought he'd done his hamstring again (the injury he got at Bradford) but he seemed to move okay again after that. We're going to need the spirit of O'Brien and Turley if we're going to stand a chance in this fight.

Ultimately, the facts are we've lost at home to even our closest relegation rivals, and it's difficult to see us surviving from here. The National League is looming large.
    Last edited by jackal2; 12-01-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Just watched Ardley’s interview. He didn’t look or sound like a broken or beaten man to me. Just an honest and realistic one.

I think he knows what is wrong (a lot) but hasn’t yet had the time or means to fix everything yet. We need to stick with him, even if we go down.

Agree we need to stick with Ardley as he is the only hope of clearing out the absolute cross draining cash from this proud but beaten old club

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast