+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raising a glass to Claret Matelot

Raising a glass to Claret Matelot

Your bet and win has added an extra excitement to the last couple of games.

Congratulations and enjoy

It would have been better if he hadn't wimped out though..

I was trying to think Alf what I would have done in that situation. I certainly would have gone on to today and at 1-0 down after two mins I would have been gutted but would have hoped that a goal for would have brought the cash out back to a decent amount. Then to get a second so quick your mind set changes again. However that last 20 mins would have been tough and I think I would pressed cash out around the same time.

[QUOTE=CaspertheClaret;39112396]I was trying to think Alf what I would have done in that situation. I certainly would have gone on to today and at 1-0 down after two mins I would have been gutted but would have hoped that a goal for would have brought the cash out back to a decent amount. Then to get a second so quick your mind set changes again. However that last 20 mins would have been tough and I think I would pressed cash out around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    I was trying to think Alf what I would have done in that situation. I certainly would have gone on to today and at 1-0 down after two mins I would have been gutted but would have hoped that a goal for would have brought the cash out back to a decent amount. Then to get a second so quick your mind set changes again. However that last 20 mins would have been tough and I think I would pressed cash out around the same time.
    What I admire more then anything is having the guts to put 50 quid on Burnley winning four matches on the trot.. I would never have done that.. If I had done though,I would have let it ride because money doesn't mean a lot to me nowadays as I have loads of it..lol

Now if he put all his winnings on us to beat Citeh in the cup ,he would be my idol.. Lol

would bring in about 50 grand ..

Mike, Is that you??,..Cash out quick ?.....

got a note in My inbox by mistake - was addressed to CM ?

Cheers &........Enjoy !!!

Cheers Guys, It was a bit of a gutsy call putting the £50 on in the first place and the odds showed it was a big gamble. Obviously I am chuffed at the cash out sum and really chuffed with the 3 points, or 9 points over the extent of my bet.
    Watching it live helped me to make my mind up about the timing of the cash out. We were fortunate that it wasn't a draw.
    Credit where it is due....Hendrick was....OK
    It is dissapointing that we didn't register a shot on target.
    I currently have a bet running for us to finish in the top half that will return £20,000
    I think overall it made the last little group of matches a bit more fun...

Plonk it all on the Watford match Matelot!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Plonk it all on the Watford match Matelot!
    Arfs .. Watford will decimate us .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)