+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Bradford City Post Match Thoughts

Another striker and definetly a goalie

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its hard to believe after that today, but they had won 4 out of 5 and I think some of us were a bit nervous about them yesterday. I had it down as a score draw at best to be honest.

We don't really need to replace Potts do we, the midfield is still our engine room and the strength of the squad. So where especially should we be looking.. in goal, at the back, on the wing, or up front ?.
    According to the Bradford fans on their board who have some links to the hierarchy apparently we are signing Payne and the lad Miller who both played today against us today .

The lad Miller is a forward who they have on loan from Boro .

Just repeating what I've read tonight , the Bradford fans were part of a corporate hospitality package apparently and were told this information pre match by the owner .

We will see in due course I guess .

Completely agree animal, anything less than a win today would concern my thoughts for end of season. People say playoffs, to me that’s not good enough with this squad. Automatic only for me. I’m only saying that as a fan that knows we have the better squad than others and a better footballing team than others. We really do shoot ourselves in the foot and that’s why we are where we are (I take that as a young squad). The more it plays the better and we are starting to see it just like 2016.
    I hope the signings are good. Don’t forget we lost Pearson and gained brownhill. Look what happened there! Keep smiling!

I hear Bradford had an extra foreign (Norwegian) mascot today, and his name was Ole Bjorn Sundgot.
    Remember it eh lads, when we beat them/Bradford at home in April 1997, and won promotion to the Prem League as well. Quite a few beers were washed down that night throughout Yorkshire I bet, and its one of the few times that Ive ever been unlucky to have a hangover.

Anyway, back to more pressing/serious matters!.
    Im not having a go at Davies at all here, but Id definitely look into the GK transfer market and see whats out there and for what price etc. And let me throw another name into the hat here either as a possible ST, a certain Ashley Fletcher who isnt doing anything anywhere at the moment, and who knows a good bit about coming here and playing for us!.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Another striker and definitely a goalie
    agree a goalkeeper and a striker who can score given a chance

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    Started slowly for 20 mins & some industrial challenges from Bradford’s 38 & 39 - we took over & Cameron & Alex we’re immense! Fabulous champagne goals! Okay like this all the time & no one can live with us!
    Agree with that. Took 20 minutes to get a hold, but really, really pleased. McGeehan is improving weekly, and looks to be enjoying the fight. Which is what we’re seeing from him.... but also some cracking directional headers, and even better distribution than Potts...
    Animals reight in that there wasn’t a man you could fault today..... after the first 15.

Apart from the 2hat who dug the road up on downhill stretch to Coach house car park.....

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    According to the Bradford fans on their board who have some links to the hierarchy apparently we are signing Payne and the lad Miller who both played today against us today .
    I’ve seen Payne a few times and he’s a good laiker. Would have signed him, ( and tipped him earlier in the season as a good buy).
    HOWEVER, He isn’t as good as what we’ve got now in McGeehan, Dougal, and Mowatt. If Moncs was to go Id buy him if he was cheap.... HOWEVER, if Moncs did go I’d really spend the money on a goalkeeper, ( Lad from Wednesday who’s just been dropped for Westoods return, or even Westwood himself...), or Maybe extra cover at right or Left back,
    Can’t honestly see a place for Moncur now. .... when the wind started blowing today I thought that Moore would be hauled off and Moncs would replace...... play on the floor.

I like the avatar again Jules kid (and do you remember the one about somebody losing his marbles lol).
    A Chinese new year fire/player sale eh, at Oakwell. Sounds like a cheap bad Sunday morning car boot sale doesnt it matey, only that its at our expense yet again.

Are we really getting rid of George/Moncs this month, is that what our fans think or is it actually what they want ?.
    Im stuck on whether we should go mad on a keeper, or go a bit less on a striker who only might be a bench warmer anyway behind Moore & Woody.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its hard to believe after that today, but they had won 4 out of 5 and I think some of us were a bit nervous about them yesterday. I had it down as a score draw at best to be honest.

We don't really need to replace Potts do we, the midfield is still our engine room and the strength of the squad. So where especially should we be looking.. in goal, at the back, on the wing, or up front ?.
    Natural winger, he obviously don't rate izzy, not sure Stendl rates wingers full stop, but it'd be good to have one.

Went to match and thoroughly enjoyed it. Unlike the bloke behind me, I couldn't pick faults with anyone for their attitude and professionalism yesterday. A few minor individual errors didn't cause us any concern but might have done against a better side. What I couldn't understand is how Thiam can score some worldys from 25/30 yards but fails to even hit the target and make the keeper work from 5 yards. I'll put it down to over excitement.
    Cracking game, cracking team performance and a cracking result. Long may it continue.
    Son reckons we've only 3 hard games left so looks like we're going up as champions if we get a result from 2 of them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast