+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happens if/when we go down?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I wonder what will happen to players like Enzio and Hemmings if/when we get relegated. They clearly aren't non-league players, and they certainly aren't on non-league wages. I guess we'll have to sell at a fraction of their actual value - less if clubs realise we need to sell. It's a massive shame, eh. In a parallel universe where everything didn't go to ****, Enzio is exactly the type of player we'd end up selling for a decent profit. Oh well.

Also, I wonder what Hardy would decide to do - fund Notts to get back into the league and then push on from there, or look to sell up ASAP. I know a few fans are saying the club needs to be reset, and a few years in the Conference might do us good. But this is Notts - we'll end up in a relegation dog fight again knowing us.

These are the darkest days I've known as a Notts fan. I know we've flirted with relegation before, but I never thought we'd actually go down. Now I can't see how we won't go down, but I still can't quite get my head around the idea of playing teams like Maidstone and Maidenhead. I'm not sure where these places are!
    There'll be no coming back I'm afraid

I'm off down the hardware store to get some rope Bob. Shall I get you some too?

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse!!

Quote Originally Posted by tactition View Post
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse!!
    We are in the Deep Brown Sticky Stuff up to our necks & sinking fast that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I'm off down the hardware store to get some rope Bob. Shall I get you some too?
    The 90 minutes watching the game was depressing as hell, but at least that comment made me laugh!

Although if the prospect awaiting us is watching 11 Elliott Hewitts, you'd better bring quite a bit of rope back.

[QUOTE=slack_pie;39112568]

Also, I wonder what Hardy would decide to do - fund Notts to get back into the league and then push on from there, or look to sell up ASAP. I know a few fans are saying the club needs to be reset, and a few years in the Conference might do us good. But this is Notts - we'll end up in a relegation dog fight again knowing us.

Hardy is too egotistical, big headed and proud to sell up or put in admin. If he's had his beak in the playing side of things as has been inferred, despite the money he has "invested," he'll know he's as culpable as the ex future England manager, whose stock must be at an all time low.

He's either going to have to pull several rabbits out of a hat, or his arse, to save this season, or he's going to have to fund another assault on promotion in the National league and hope that doesn't end up as another relegation battle.

Either way, I don't think I have seen such sustained gross incompetence over a 10 year period, by so called professionals in their respective jobs/positions/industries.
    Last edited by ForeignLegion; 12-01-2019 at 09:13 PM.

As a Forest fan, I don't want you to go down. I hope things improve for you soon.

Reset ******* if notts go down the good players will walk to save notts money. and them self's there will be no afc notts the running cost will be to high

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    Crowds of 3000
    Away support of 50
    No atmosphere
    The big sign on the Sirrel stand having to come down
    Most away games 6 hours round trip at least
    Dreadful football

Not a prospect I am even contemplating however inevitable.
    I think you may have missed the fact that the council could, if they wanted, kick us out of ML altogether. I think Hardy’s dream of a hotel at the rear of the kop has just taken on a new dimension.

Who are these good players you speak of Nay ??!!

Thats incorrect Grantham they cannot kick us out of ML in this league we have to drop to level 6/7 for that to potentially happen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast