+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will You?

I live 100 miles away but go to every home, and some away, games. I'm afraid I have no interest in "Conference" football. Disloyal you may think (don't blame you) sensible to me. Saddened and ashamed at yesterday's debacle. I'm still shocked at the lack of effort I witnessed. If we did our jobs like those alleged footballers did, we'd be out of work in an instant.
    Why didn't Hardy charge a fiver? Double the turnover, fix the scoreboard or something. Most of the two pounders I met never said a word during the game. One girl I spoke to admitted she didn't even like football. And, finally, who would come back after that?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Still attend Notts when, (if), we drop down to the Cinerama?

Spoke to a few today, most said they still would but I am still an 'undecided'.
    I am undecided too as I really have had enough.
    Depends how the club structured in terms of owner, manager and players.
    As I feel this morning it would be a few games against the ex league clubs and maybe a few away games purely out of interest.

Ask me again in May.

What a depressing position to be in.

On a Saturday when Notts are away, my pastime is rambling, at the mo I'm gongoozling, walking the Trent and Mersey canal through Staffordshire. Suddenly, trudging along muddy canalside paths in a gale, freezing cold, rain in my face and five miles to go looks more appealing than sitting in a first-class but half-empty stadium next year, watching Notts half-heartedly struggle to avoid relegation to Conference League 2.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 13-01-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    I live 100 miles away but go to every home, and some away, games. I'm afraid I have no interest in "Conference" football. Disloyal you may think (don't blame you) sensible to me. Saddened and ashamed at yesterday's debacle. I'm still shocked at the lack of effort I witnessed. If we did our jobs like those alleged footballers did, we'd be out of work in an instant.
    Why didn't Hardy charge a fiver? Double the turnover, fix the scoreboard or something. Most of the two pounders I met never said a word during the game. One girl I spoke to admitted she didn't even like football. And, finally, who would come back after that?
    A family of husband, wife, ten year-old-ish girl and a baby sat in front of me in the Kop. Only the husband seemed to have been to a Notts game before yesterday, do you think he will be able to convince any of them to come again?

Yesterday I paid for a ticket on line around 12,00 printed it of had a cup of tea then decided if the players can't be bothered to turn why should I

I will still go but doubt whether I will buy a season ticket.

Only a fool would come on here and say 'That's it, my days as a Notts County supporter are over'. That's not how it works, but of course there is going to be a massive fall-off in crowd numbers.
    Very few teams who take the plunge, turn things round in the first season. It takes time to adjust and find the right chemistry for a team who can dominate at a whole new level.
    Lincoln and Mansfield are to be admired for the way they rebuilt and it saddens me to say we can learn much from them and how they went about things.
    Notts need to start planning now because sure as eggs are eggs, their number is up.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Yesterday I paid for a ticket on line around 12,00 printed it of had a cup of tea then decided if the players can't be bothered to turn why should I
    Of course, the players are bothered. They just aren't good enough and they don't work as a team.

Yeah,ST as normal for me however it will be back to the Kop as some of these so called fans in the Pavis are driving me mad & the last thing that I need during games like yesterdays is arguments & being forced to listen to regular supporters rip certain players to pieces before they even kick the ball!! I know we all see the game differently & if you pay your money you are entitled to your say but how any"fan" can take delight in getting a reaction for screaming at Jones that he shouldn't be let anywhere near the pitch & that he runs like he's **** himself when the player is warming up with a view to coming on is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Only a fool would come on here and say 'That's it, my days as a Notts County supporter are over'. That's not how it works, but of course there is going to be a massive fall-off in crowd numbers.
    Very few teams who take the plunge, turn things round in the first season. It takes time to adjust and find the right chemistry for a team who can dominate at a whole new level.
    Lincoln and Mansfield are to be admired for the way they rebuilt and it saddens me to say we can learn much from them and how they went about things.
    Notts need to start planning now because sure as eggs are eggs, their number is up.
    Agree with most of that sid however I'm not sure that we will have a massive fall off in support or at least not for a couple of seasons, yes visiting crowds would be lower & I would think that ST sales would be down but provided that AH doesn't get hounded out I think that the core support will remain about the same.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast