+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Will You?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    For me it’s about effort. This team has more talent in it than many who have been down the wrong end of league 2. But most just don’t have the application to get us out of this mess.
    Compared with the squads we assembled with less money during the Trust era, this squad has far more talent, but far less fighting spirit. As you say, there are clubs above us, such as Morecambe and now Macclesfield, whose budgets and playing resources are considerably less than ours, but they no doubt started the season expecting a battle and they're up for it.

Our players look bemused by the situation, like rabbits in the headlights. Whether they are simply not willing to work as hard as these other teams, or whether they are inhibited by fear, relegation looks highly likely unless something changes. This is not the worst Notts team I've ever seen in terms of potential ability, but it certainly is in terms of character and application.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Sure. What difference does another level make?
    Sadly, that seems to be what some of the players think...

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Still attend Notts when, (if), we drop down to the Cinerama?

Spoke to a few today, most said they still would but I am still an 'undecided'.
    Old habits die hard.

Having said that, after 56 years I gave up smoking a couple of years ago, and I got enjoyment from that habit!

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Sadly, that seems to be what some of the players think...
    Some of them perhaps think they were heading down a level anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Only a fool would come on here and say 'That's it, my days as a Notts County supporter are over'. That's not how it works, but of course there is going to be a massive fall-off in crowd numbers.
    I don't think anyone will stop supporting the club, but they'll support it without spending their hard earn money to go and watch the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A no-brainer for me, even if we lose every game 10-0 for the rest of the season I'll be renewing my season ticket. Out of respect for the likes of Jimmy and Jack, I refuse to let this bunch of f*cking wasters ruin a lifelong passion.
    I totally agree with your comments Elite. I am treading the path taken by my father and grandfathers, and pleased to say my son and grandson and doing the same. I will always be a Pie, and will renew my season ticket like you.

I will support Notts until one of us dies. However I broke the habit of attending 2 years ago when I just couldn’t be bothered anymore. The football was dire, and I fell in love with golf.
    Last season got me hooked again and I was 50/50 on getting a ST this season.
    Fortunately I didn’t.
    Regardless of relegation or not, until something consistently positive draws me back I will be picking my games sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Still attend Notts when, (if), we drop down to the Cinerama?

Spoke to a few today, most said they still would but I am still an 'undecided'.
    Absolutely. During the many years, I spent living away from Nottingham the things I missed the most were my parents, The Flying Horse and Notts. My dad and the pub have long gone . Though I knew what the answer would be I asked my lad if we would still get season tickets if Notts went down. If looks could kill.

I live overseas but have still bought a Notts season ticket for the past five or six years - definitely my biggest luxury (after the kids). This season is the first time I've watched games via iFollow, though, and it's been a sobering experience. It's one thing to read all the reports, it's another to see quite how inept we are!

A football club is in your blood, though, and I will never ever be able to give Notts up (even if I wanted to). I plan to move back to England in five or six years, and one of the biggest draws for me is finally being able to regularly attend games at Meadow Lane and Trent Bridge again (for the first time in over 30 years).

The bigger question for me is whether we will be able to survive relegation with these players on extravagant contracts. All the ingredients are there for a complete financial meltdown if the worst/inevitable happens. Can't imagine there's much of a parachute payment for exiting the league, and there are some horrible examples out there (Chesterfield and Aldershot this season, York, Stockport, Torquay...).

Having read the thread regarding the £9m spent by the chairman, I hope he can take some comfort from the many supportive comments on this thread. Once a Pie, always a Pie.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast