+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart Milne our Chairman....

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

Paterson should've been sacked on the Monday just as McGhee should've walked on the Monday after the 0-9, as much as for his "only three points" comment as anything else.
    Had it been the 70s or early 80s he absolutely would have been

However by 2003 employment laws had evolved. After the incident he admitted to having alcohol issues (thirsty as ****) and as such would have to have been referred to the club's Occupational Health service for assessment/treatment and a work capability assessment.....if he complied with the treatment plan it would have been difficult but not impossible to give him the boot. In the world of fixed contracts it's just easier to pay up someone's contract when you want them out.....

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I get the feeling that it’s being set up for McCormack to take over from him eventually.

Whether that is a good or bad thing is debatable,I do get the impression that McCormack would be more ambitious than Milne which is what a lot of people want.
    Cormack could take over from Milne now if he really wanted. He prefers just to be a Milne lackey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Patterson, Calderwood, McGhee, & McInnes all benefitted from Milne being a bungling @rsehole. All provided him with a golden opportunity to get the sack & he missed it.

That’s true but so did Skovdhal and Brown.

Getting beat 1-6 at home by Livingston and getting knocked out by East Fife at home should be sackable offences for an Aberdeen manager.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Cormack could take over from Milne now if he really wanted. He prefers just to be a Milne lackey.

He maybe does but Milne doesn’t want to step aside yet,once he has moved us out to Kingsford will be the time he calls it quits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    That's the problem, nobody in there right mind would buy out Stewart Milne. Why would they?
    Precisely. I read a post on here the other day where someone claimed we should be selling ourselves better - as an investment vehicle, I believe they said. Seriously, a Scottish Football club is not an investment. An investment provides a return and let's face it, that ain't going to happen.

That’s true but so did Skovdhal and Brown.

Getting beat 1-6 at home by Livingston and getting knocked out by East Fife at home should be sackable offences for an Aberdeen manager.
    Yep. I don’t think anyone would have complained if either were given the dunt after those results.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaroni_Pie View Post
    Precisely. I read a post on here the other day where someone claimed we should be selling ourselves better - as an investment vehicle, I believe they said. Seriously, a Scottish Football club is not an investment. An investment provides a return and let's face it, that ain't going to happen.
    Stewart Milne has done alright out of us

He maybe does but Milne doesn’t want to step aside yet,once he has moved us out to Kingsford will be the time he calls it quits.
    I can see that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Stewart Milne has done alright out of us
    I've no idea whether he's up or down with regard to personal gains or losses on his involvement in Aberdeen. I expect he's down but would be interested to see if you've got any figures?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaroni_Pie View Post
    I've no idea whether he's up or down with regard to personal gains or losses on his involvement in Aberdeen. I expect he's down but would be interested to see if you've got any figures?
    None whatsoever. People have always questioned his motives for buying into AFC. As far as I’m aware he wasnt into football was he? Hes certainly proved over the years he knows f*ck all about it. I’ve never bought into the ‘sell pittodrie for houses’ theory either.

I think he had two main motivations. Use AFC to promote himself/other interests & for networking. Certainly nobody down here had ever heard of him until he bought AFC. It would also open a few doors.

If being chairman of AFC wasnt good for Stewart Milne, he would never have got involved

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast