+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart Milne our Chairman....

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    To be fair, our record for picking decent managers was pretty awesome while Donald and Anderson were at the helm. With Turnbull, MacLeod, McNeil, and Ferguson (arguably the best of all time) on our books at one time or another, they can be forgiven for Bonthrone, Porterfield and Smith.

Milne's record, by comparison, is hideous.
    I’m sure someone will disagree with me here but Smith was a good appointment along with Turnbull,McLeod,McNeil and Ferguson.

Who has Milne appointed other than McInnes who you could call a good appointment?

When his time as chairman comes to an end it will be looked back on as a failure.

Should have stepped down long before now.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Porterfield was unforgivable
    Exactly, him and his assistant knew fvck all about Scottish fitba.

Its unbelievable that he didn't win anything with the squad he had available.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m sure someone will disagree with me here but Smith was a good appointment along with Turnbull,McLeod,McNeil and Ferguson.

Who has Milne appointed other than McInnes who you could call a good appointment?

When his time as chairman comes to an end it will be looked back on as a failure.

Not ONE of all Milne's choices, and there have been quite a few, have gone on to bigger and/or better things...........neither did Smith for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Exactly, him and his assistant knew fvck all about Scottish fitba.

Its unbelievable that he didn't win anything with the squad he had available.
    Bizarre choice. Especially so, considering our standing, not just in Scottish but European fitba, at that time. Following Fergie was always going to be a nightmare, for fans and players alike, no matter who it was, so it was probably best to get that out of the way with a "Joe Bloggs" type character- if that makes sense.

I agree. I certainly don’t understand why anyone would be pleased with the Milne run Aberdeen era.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I agree. I certainly don’t understand why anyone would be pleased with the Milne run Aberdeen era.
    It’s bizzare that some are having a go at Dick Donald, I can only presume it is a way of trying to say Milne is not that bad so let’s look at it like this.

Under Dick Donald in 20 odd years we won 14 trophies.

Under Stewart Milne in 20 odd years we have won 1 trophy.

Still shocking that Donald appointed Porterfield I guess

Smith & Jocky Scott did a good job and were a good management team. The team from 89-91 was up there with the best we’ve had.

Smiffy on his own was s’hite though - hence he got punted.

May 91 at Mordor will haunt him (and us) to the grave...

To summarise the other posts - yes Donald had his faults - the point re McMaster and not calling out the scum is a good one - and I agree Anderson was the real visionary in those days, but Donald let him and Fergie get on with it and look at the results we got.

Milne was right about Setanta - but he’s got precious little else right.

As I said, no comparison between the two.

It’s bizzare that some are having a go at Dick Donald, I can only presume it is a way of trying to say Milne is not that bad so let’s look at it like this.

Under Dick Donald in 20 odd years we won 14 trophies.

Under Stewart Milne in 20 odd years we have won 1 trophy.

Still shocking that Donald appointed Porterfield I guess
    I wish we had someone as bad a chairman as Dick Donald running the show now. Maybe Milne has worn a lot of Aberdeen fans down that much that they don’t really want to win anything anymore?

Nobody's having a go at Dick Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Nobody's having a go at Dick Donald.
    Good. Neither they should be .

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast