+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart Milne our Chairman....

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    Bizarre choice. Especially so, considering our standing, not just in Scottish but European fitba, at that time. Following Fergie was always going to be a nightmare, for fans and players alike, no matter who it was, so it was probably best to get that out of the way with a "Joe Bloggs" type character- if that makes sense.
    Porterfield was indeed a peculiar choice - at that point he had been out of work for about a year after being sacked by Sheffield Utd. Hardly an inspiring choice to replace Fergie. Can anyone remember who else was being touted around at the time as possible candidates? I think i remember Sandy Jardine being mentioned at the time but can't recall any others for what was a prime job then.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Porterfield was indeed a peculiar choice - at that point he had been out of work for about a year after being sacked by Sheffield Utd. Hardly an inspiring choice to replace Fergie. Can anyone remember who else was being touted around at the time as possible candidates? I think i remember Sandy Jardine being mentioned at the time but can't recall any others for what was a prime job then.
    Sandy Jardine was offered it but knocked it back.

Tommy McLean was next. He told me himself that he knocked it back and why. The reason being...he couldn't afford to relocate.

Both choices were on the back of Fergie's advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Sandy Jardine was offered it but knocked it back.

Tommy McLean was next. He told me himself that he knocked it back and why. The reason being...he couldn't afford to relocate.

Both choices were on the back of Fergie's advice.
    Was it not Alex McDonald and Sandy Jardine as co managers or something daft like that ?They had initially wanted Knox to take over. He agreed and then changed his mind.

I think first choice was Walter Smith but Jim McLean would have had him tied up on a million year contract.

Ok, it’s wikipedia but reading up on the Tynecastle rebuild, the Roseburn Stand cost £1.4m to build in the 90’s. if we’d done things at the right times, we’d still have a home to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Ok, it’s wikipedia but reading up on the Tynecastle rebuild, the Roseburn Stand cost £1.4m to build in the 90’s. if we’d done things at the right times, we’d still have a home to be proud of.
    Instead we will be sitting in a crumbling ruin today

It's not a crumbling ruin.

If people say something often enough it still doesn't make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Good. Neither they should be .
    Indeed,

Mr Donald in the changing room in Ullevi to our captain after beating thon pub team fae Madrid!
    “aye loon, a fair nicht”

Wiggy on the team bus after defeating ICT on pens after a 0-0 draw to some irrelevant hack!
    “19 years,120 minutes and then f ucking penalties”

I was obviously delighted we won the cup, however, I would wear a tee shirt with the former’s quote and the ECWC being held aloft in thon iconic pose but would not one with the latter’s quote .

SF

SM will go down in History as the man who built a new stadium as that's all he will be remembered for

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    SM will go down in History as the man who built a sh1t stadium as that's all he will be remembered for
    I’ll try and forget all the rest but I can’t see it happening

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast