+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goathair To Join Nice

Interesting posts on BBS as to why there is a vacancy at OGC Nice for Chien to install his "Yes" man there.

I am in a period of considering an appropriate reflection on the matter.

Now the news is public expect a classic PR (Pillakin Release) from Goat abart how wonderful it has been at Barnsley and how sad he will be to leave.
    The reality is the situation at OGC Nice has imploded as the previous owner with a now 20% stake and the leaving CEO have had the last straw put on their backs in a long protest over how Chien is running the club. Chien is desperate to put a "Yes" man in there to quell the unrest and Goat fits the bill as a "Pillaker Supreme". Interesting times ahead.

The fact he's going doesn't bother me , he's not the first CEO to jump ship and he won't be the last .

What does bother me is the fact that our club is getting used to sort OGC Nice's problem out .

I'm not comfortable with this at all and I don't like the way it's played out , Nice have some internal issues so let's to take the CEO from our other club to fix it .

It sort of tells you that we are the lesser light when in fact both clubs should co exist equally in my opinion .

There's a feeder club mentality here and you have to wonder what other OGC Nice problems we will be expected to fix in the future .

Perhaps they could loan Woodrow to Nice to stave off relegation now we are safe from the drop?
    Nobody should be allowed to own more than one club even if they're in different leagues full stop.

Imagine if we sold Thiam to Nice.. Now that would get folks head spinning.. 😝

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The fact he's going doesn't bother me , he's not the first CEO to jump ship and he won't be the last .

What does bother me is the fact that our club is getting used to sort OGC Nice's problem out .

I'm not comfortable with this at all and I don't like the way it's played out , Nice have some internal issues so let's to take the CEO from our other club to fix it .

It sort of tells you that we are the lesser light when in fact both clubs should co exist equally in my opinion .

There's a feeder club mentality here and you have to wonder what other OGC Nice problems we will be expected to fix in the future .
    I think it's the fact that they know Goat is willing to do their bidding in respect of "sustainability" without rocking the boat and it reads like the CEO at Nice had had enough of continued sales of their best players and lack of investment. Goat will do nicely out of the move financially and make a profit on the deal.

Favourite to take over from Goat is one of Chien's Chinese finance people in the USA, somebody called Pi Lak In.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 13-01-2019 at 01:19 PM.

It makes me wonder again WHY they bought this club when obviously they DIDN'T care about keeping us in the championship or progressing further.If we get promoted this season what's the betting there's another fire sale in the summer ? and WHY don't they tell us exactly what their intentions are WHY the secrecy its putting a big bad cloud over Oakwell

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I think it's the fact that they know Goat is willing to do their bidding in respect of "sustainability" without rocking the boat and it reads like the CEO at Nice had had enough of continued sales of their best players and lack of investment. Goat will do nicely out of the move financially and make a profit on the deal.

Favourite to take over from Goat is one of Chien's Chinese finance people in the USA, somebody called Pi Lak In.
    Will you be 'keeping an interest in him' SB when he leaves?

What's interesting is that Jean - Pierre Rivere was a solid Nice man and clearly wanted to see more investment coming in to the club .

From what I gather OGC Nice are £30m in profit on transfer dealings , whether that's a solid fact I don't know but that's what I've read .

Very true unsettling situation given our model but we can only wait and see what occurs for us in due course .

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Will you be 'keeping an interest in him' SB when he leaves?
    It would be the courteous thing to do as I continue to follow OGC Nice's progress. I wonder if Goat ezza sell-on clause if he goes to PSG ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast