Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Be honest...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    18,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post

    Main thing is Neilson has taken a squad who’d picked up 11 points in 8 games and has managed to get 25 points from 13. .
    some difference when you think about it like that eh

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,037
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    what was said mate? i seen him gesture at them after his goal and he put a pic up on twitter last night having a dig at them but unsure of the background?
    They were singing a song about his dad being on the dole shortly after he squaffed that sitter.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    what was said mate? i seen him gesture at them after his goal and he put a pic up on twitter last night having a dig at them but unsure of the background?
    They were singing a song about Nicky's dad Sandy being on the dole. Which is ironic coming from that bunch of jobless six toed sister chasers.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    18,250
    oh dear lol

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    some difference when you think about it like that eh
    Not to mention the shambolic league cup campgain. We were going nowhere so its been an impressive turn around considering majority of squad still nowhere near good enough.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    18,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Not to mention the shambolic league cup campgain. We were going nowhere so it’s been an impressive turn around considering majority of squad still nowhere near good enough.
    just watched RN's interview on the zone and comments RE: Scottish cup campaign. in it to win it he says, not like the clowns attitude towards it

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    181
    The football is torture, in fact I thought we played better 2nd half last week than the whole game yesterday. Their passing and movement so much better than ours overall, just as well end product was as bad as ours. I couldn't understand why he played McMullan through the middle in the 2nd half and had Pavol on the right wing.

    C Smith given his first game back, not spectacular, nobody was, but as he gets used to the system hopefully will get better. Nesbitt not as much of an impact as last week, but still showed more creativity than most. McMullan just needs an end product, lots of good running.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Venice Florida U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,900
    Sounds like we all want a magical overnight transformation into a championship winning, silky football playing, attacking goal scoring machine.

    The bottom line is that points are the most important thing no matter how brutal and ugly it gets. Thats what happened yesterday.

    For me, RN is the man to bring in, blend in new quality players. Hes worked a miracle with what he inherited. If Csaba had still been here I suspect wed be somewhere not far off the bottom spot instead of where we are now.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17,073
    I think we need to relax and to to enjoy the challenge of getting up this year, the worst case scenario is Neilson has a summer window to get us ready for promotion from the start next season

    Best case is we get up this season, so let's not be edgy at games and embrace it, it's not win or bust now we have new ownership

    Let's not let a desperation attitude manifest itself in the coming months transfer from the stands, be positive and see where it takes us, either way the future is brighter now than it was under Csaba and without the takeover

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    214
    Awful yest. Midfield terrible, slow, to defensive and no creativity.

    For me fyvie doesnt inspire team. he puts us under needless pressure at times. and is nt vocal enough as a captain for a team that is screaming out for leadership!

    Passing was woeful and although the defence did reasonably well yest, as with last week, had we been playing against better opposition we wld have been gubbed.

    The inability to string together passes puts us on the back foot and continues to knock the squads confidence!

  11. #31
    I think it's also fair to give Dunfermline some credit for stopping us playing. They were right on top of Fyvie and Stanton realising that's where any danger would eminate from.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think it's also fair to give Dunfermline some credit for stopping us playing. They were right on top of Fyvie and Stanton realising that's where any danger would eminate from.
    You would think TTT that if they are putting bodies in to mark Stanton and Fyvie then there would be spaces in other areas. We do not seem to have the ability to move the ball quickly and find a man. As I said earlier in this thread, lack of a real voice, no-one looking for the ball, lack of communication and very little off the ball running are making us far too predictable. Static teams are easy to defend against. We need more than anything right now real leaders on the park, to organise, instruct and encourage. As I also said earlier, we look like we are playing with fear.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    Sounds like we all want a magical overnight transformation into a championship winning, silky football playing, attacking goal scoring machine.

    The bottom line is that points are the most important thing no matter how brutal and ugly it gets. Thats what happened yesterday.

    For me, RN is the man to bring in, blend in new quality players. Hes worked a miracle with what he inherited. If Csaba had still been here I suspect wed be somewhere not far off the bottom spot instead of where we are now.
    No that's not what I'm saying at all. 'Silky, attacking, goal-scoring machine' aye right. I take it you're not regularly watching the p1sh that we're having to suffer. Players being able to pass the feckin ball to each would be a start.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I think we need to relax and to to enjoy the challenge of getting up this year, the worst case scenario is Neilson has a summer window to get us ready for promotion from the start next season

    Best case is we get up this season, so let's not be edgy at games and embrace it, it's not win or bust now we have new ownership

    Let's not let a desperation attitude manifest itself in the coming months transfer from the stands, be positive and see where it takes us, either way the future is brighter now than it was under Csaba and without the takeover
    This is exactly how I feel shedka and AMAZINGLY we have still got a Tangible chance of winning this league. Don't want to single anyone out but if King and McMullan never play for us again then we can definitely improve. A tall target man is required for this league in a 442 so fingers crossed RN gets his man in soon ;/ Maybe getting to the stage of delusional hope but can see a bit more fight throughout the squad regarding defending. Really looking forward to seeing Jimmy back - he won't short-change us in fight/ effort!!

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    You would think TTT that if they are putting bodies in to mark Stanton and Fyvie then there would be spaces in other areas. We do not seem to have the ability to move the ball quickly and find a man. As I said earlier in this thread, lack of a real voice, no-one looking for the ball, lack of communication and very little off the ball running are making us far too predictable. Static teams are easy to defend against. We need more than anything right now real leaders on the park, to organise, instruct and encourage. As I also said earlier, we look like we are playing with fear.
    our full backs a lot to blame not once do i recall a forward pass from our own half going to one of our players from wide.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    our full backs a lot to blame not once do i recall a forward pass from our own half going to one of our players from wide.
    You could blame the whole back line for that though! But on the flip side, Booth got onto the end of quite a few diagonal passes. Its just a shame he didnt have the movement around him to benefit from his ability to stop that kinda ball dead!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Main thing is Neilson has taken a squad whod picked up 11 points in 8 games and has managed to get 25 points from 13. If we sustain that level between now and end of season or even better improve on it were guaranteed top 2.
    If you look at our last 8 games though we've only picked up 12 points. I think it's this current form along with the poor performances that most fans concern are a bit wary about at the moment.

    I do think Neilson is the right man to take us up. Hopefully Saturdays win along with the other results going our way will give the players some motivation knowing we can still win this league.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •