+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Be honest...

I think it's also fair to give Dunfermline some credit for stopping us playing. They were right on top of Fyvie and Stanton realising that's where any danger would eminate from.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think it's also fair to give Dunfermline some credit for stopping us playing. They were right on top of Fyvie and Stanton realising that's where any danger would eminate from.
    You would think TTT that if they are putting bodies in to mark Stanton and Fyvie then there would be spaces in other areas. We do not seem to have the ability to move the ball quickly and find a man. As I said earlier in this thread, lack of a real voice, no-one looking for the ball, lack of communication and very little off the ball running are making us far too predictable. Static teams are easy to defend against. We need more than anything right now real leaders on the park, to organise, instruct and encourage. As I also said earlier, we look like we are playing with fear.

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    Sounds like we all want a magical overnight transformation into a championship winning, silky football playing, attacking goal scoring machine.

The bottom line is that points are the most important thing no matter how brutal and ugly it gets. That’s what happened yesterday.

For me, RN is the man to bring in, blend in new quality players. He’s worked a miracle with what he inherited. If Csaba had still been here I suspect we’d be somewhere not far off the bottom spot instead of where we are now.
    No that's not what I'm saying at all. 'Silky, attacking, goal-scoring machine' aye right. I take it you're not regularly watching the p1sh that we're having to suffer. Players being able to pass the feckin ball to each would be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I think we need to relax and to to enjoy the challenge of getting up this year, the worst case scenario is Neilson has a summer window to get us ready for promotion from the start next season

Best case is we get up this season, so let's not be edgy at games and embrace it, it's not win or bust now we have new ownership

Let's not let a desperation attitude manifest itself in the coming months transfer from the stands, be positive and see where it takes us, either way the future is brighter now than it was under Csaba and without the takeover
    This is exactly how I feel shedka and AMAZINGLY we have still got a Tangible chance of winning this league. Don't want to single anyone out but if King and McMullan never play for us again then we can definitely improve. A tall target man is required for this league in a 442 so fingers crossed RN gets his man in soon ;/ Maybe getting to the stage of delusional hope but can see a bit more fight throughout the squad regarding defending. Really looking forward to seeing Jimmy back - he won't short-change us in fight/ effort!!

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    You would think TTT that if they are putting bodies in to mark Stanton and Fyvie then there would be spaces in other areas. We do not seem to have the ability to move the ball quickly and find a man. As I said earlier in this thread, lack of a real voice, no-one looking for the ball, lack of communication and very little off the ball running are making us far too predictable. Static teams are easy to defend against. We need more than anything right now real leaders on the park, to organise, instruct and encourage. As I also said earlier, we look like we are playing with fear.
    our full backs a lot to blame not once do i recall a forward pass from our own half going to one of our players from wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    our full backs a lot to blame not once do i recall a forward pass from our own half going to one of our players from wide.
    You could blame the whole back line for that though! But on the flip side, Booth got onto the end of quite a few diagonal passes. Its just a shame he didnt have the movement around him to benefit from his ability to stop that kinda ball dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Main thing is Neilson has taken a squad who’d picked up 11 points in 8 games and has managed to get 25 points from 13. If we sustain that level between now and end of season or even better improve on it we’re guaranteed top 2.
    If you look at our last 8 games though we've only picked up 12 points. I think it's this current form along with the poor performances that most fans concern are a bit wary about at the moment.

I do think Neilson is the right man to take us up. Hopefully Saturdays win along with the other results going our way will give the players some motivation knowing we can still win this league.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)