+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debut scorers

Debut scorers

The young lad scoring on his debut today got me wondering who the last player was to score on his debut and how many players have done it. Anyone got a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    The young lad scoring on his debut today got me wondering who the last player was to score on his debut and how many players have done it. Anyone got a clue.
    How many ever in a 100 years will be a long list I would think. Will need to have a think about the last debutant to score.

Edit to add if we mean by debut first competitive match then the answer would be Gary Harkins this season against Stranraer. Prior to that and again assuming first competitive match Rooney at Stenhousemuir at the beginning of last season.
    Last edited by Dobmeister; 13-01-2019 at 01:38 AM.

Joe Thomson scored on his first debut for us in 3-0 away win at St Mirren I think.

I was going to say Callum Semple at Morton but that was his first league game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    I was going to say Callum Semple at Morton but that was his first league game for us.
    Last records I had back in 2016 there had been around 1,200 players who appeared for Queens since 1919 so I expect there will be many debutant scorers over the years. One I do remember was Lyle in February 2002.

Bowey did I'm sure. Not sure it was his debut but I remember Craig Feroz scored 3 away to East Stirling(?) and I had no clue who he was before that game. I was a lot younger though so maybe just poor memory. Derek Holmes scored in his home league debut. And of course Dobbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersouth1919 View Post
    Bowey did I'm sure. Not sure it was his debut but I remember Craig Feroz scored 3 away to East Stirling(?) and I had no clue who he was before that game. I was a lot younger though so maybe just poor memory. Derek Holmes scored in his home league debut. And of course Dobbie.

before jr says it im sure neil orr scored a 35 yard raker on his debut for queens .

and joe olabode v morton lol .canny remember if thats how his name was spelt tho lol .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 13-01-2019 at 02:02 PM.

It was.nt his debut he came on for the last couple of minutes last week at Inverness.

Sam Parkin scored two on his debut for Queens in a 2-1 win over Morton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)