+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This is it

This is it

I’m scared, this it it! After 51 years of watching we’re finally going down. I have such a feeling of doom and gloom, my grandkids were worrying about me last night. I tried to explain I wasn’t annoyed at them, that I was sad because of Notts County. Had to tell someone that understands, knew you guys would. Help!!

I was at my daughter's yesterday afternoon trying to stay in tune with the game and at the same time enjoying the company of my 11 month old grand daughter, Lily Eve. Thankfully in her company Lily took my mind off the disappointment which only returned later and led to a sleepless night. After 50 years of supporting Notts and seeing our current plight I am only glad that it is one sleepless night I have suffered as I realise there are more important things in life to worry about than football.

Saturday nights are very low every week but as you say there's more to life than football. Even if we go down it wouldn't be the end of the world. As long as Hardy is prepared to pay for his disaster by backing a proper promotion push then we'll be ok. At the end of the day as long as we have a club to support that's the main thing.

It's got to the point I don't bother with notts anymore it's not worth spoiling a Saturday when you have been to work all week I just have a read on here