+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Light at the end of the tunnel

just as a matter of interest, what makes Ardley a good fit for Notts, after having such an abysmal season at his previous club?
    if he is so good at man management, why could he not manage them to save his job?
    i hope he comes good for you, and you stay up.

we need those guaranteed 6 points every season.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Ok things are bad at the moment.
    Probably the worst I've seen in my times as a fan at the Lane for around 43 years now.
    I think Ardley is the right man for the job ahead,even if that means rebuilding after relegation.
    However I believe he has the ability to save us from the drop.
    His three signings seem to show he knows a good player when he sees one.
    He's now been at the Lane long enough to know where our deficiencies lay and has the intelligence to rectify it.
    Given a little more backing in the transfer market and fingers crossed the return of Hemmings and Enzio there is still time to get out of the deep brown stuff we are swimming in.
    It's going to take something special but as the Monkies sang I'm a believer...!,!
    Disagree. Anyone can see what sort of players are needed most of the fan base even me over here. What we need is someone with insane motivational powers to get this shower playing above their capability as that is what has saved us in days gone by. You only have to look at Ardleys post match interviews in recent weeks to see that he hasn't got that and has not got what it takes to keep this team up. We have been unlucky with injuries for sure, we have created some injuries ourselves for sure, we have recruited poorly and I don't think Ardley is bad manager per sae but I see zero evidence he has what it takes to keep Notts in the football league. Lovely bloke and probably not a bad manager but the man to keep us up - you're having a laugh.

I don't think any manager could paper over the cracks of this side, which lacks all the basics to win a game - pace, muscle, desire, heart, team spirit.

Enzio was our brightest player in the first three months of the season and has been a big loss. But he's not going to make the difference by himself. We need a quality target man ASAP and players to return from injury/stay fit, otherwise we will be relegated by the end of March.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I don't think any manager could paper over the cracks of this side, which lacks all the basics to win a game - pace, muscle, desire, heart, team spirit.

Enzio was our brightest player in the first three months of the season and has been a big loss. But he's not going to make the difference by himself. We need a quality target man ASAP and players to return from injury/stay fit, otherwise we will be relegated by the end of March.
    End of March?

I think you are being generous there with the injuries / morale / lack of forward power.

With the games coming up we are going to need some amazing signings to even have a chance. We've already blown several chances. Keep on shouting to the end but the fat lady is a warming up for Vanarama tastic.

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    we need those guaranteed 6 points every season.
    If true, you could count them on one hand.

However, those "guaranteed" 6 points "every season" have only been 4 in the last couple.

I see no light, only tunnel, Pedro.

I see a light but I think it's another train coming in the opposite direction.

Florest appointing O'Neill is fecking bobby dazzling.AH get ur fecking act together pdq.Fans will be leaving in their droves

Newport were about 10 points adrift in the 2016-17 season in March and still managed to turn it around.

You all know about "The Light" you see it before the end or so I'am told......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast