+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: These next 6 fixtures

These next 6 fixtures

Leading up to the Portsmouth game are all winnable. If we've any serious aspirations of automatic promotion then we should be looking for 6 wins. We've come thru a tough set of fixtures over Christmas with a creditable points tally and an excellent defensive record, now's our chance to really crack on and put ourselves right up amongst it and exert some pressure on those top 3 teams. I think it's opened up for us, I really do.

Pride comes before the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Leading up to the Portsmouth game are all winnable. If we've any serious aspirations of automatic promotion then we should be looking for 6 wins. We've come thru a tough set of fixtures over Christmas with a creditable points tally and an excellent defensive record, now's our chance to really crack on and put ourselves right up amongst it and exert some pressure on those top 3 teams. I think it's opened up for us, I really do.

Definitely the time to put ourselves right in the mix for automatic promotion Pass .

The one thing that is worth thinking about is that if we just miss out on the final day and have to take that disappointment in to the play offs , you see this situation almost every year and it's hard to shake that off .

Look at Walsall the last time we were in the play offs , just missed out by a single point I believe and hardly laid a glove on us in both semi finals , 6-1 on aggregate they were beaten .

Interesting times ahead .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Definitely the time to put ourselves right in the mix for automatic promotion Pass .

The one thing that is worth thinking about is that if we just miss out on the final day and have to take that disappointment in to the play offs , you see this situation almost every year and it's hard to shake that off .

Look at Walsall the last time we were in the play offs , just missed out by a single point I believe and hardly laid a glove on us in both semi finals , 6-1 on aggregate they were beaten .

Interesting times ahead .
    Walsall did run into a juggernaut that was us though Animal in fairness. The play offs are what they are.

I still think the next 6 games present a real opportunity. If the lads can get 15 points then we really crank up the pressure on the other teams as well as gathering a great momentum. The confidence is clearly there cos we're laiking well and the second goal yesterday was top quality, goal of the season for me. Next week at Wimbledon will be a test, we go there and get the job done, play it on the deck as we have been doing recently and match em for effort. Let us not be dragged into a slugfest ariel bombardment type game because we'll probably struggle

We've won 4 of the last 5 and we're still 5th.
    We'll probably have to win 5 of the next 6 to get into the top 2.
    We can do it, transfers permitting.
    Suspensions and injuries are a big worry.
    We definitely need players in to cover.
    Thiam & McGeehan have come good just at the right time & Cavare's cut out the silly errors.
    I see Luton & Sunderland had key players sent off yesterday, and Portsmouth have lost a couple of games you'd think they should win.
    Very interseting times ahead.

We all know we tend to play better against the so called better teams in this league. Teams that like to come at us.. Where we have really struggled is against teams who are afraid of us and sit back to either earn a draw or hope for a smash and grab win. Wycombe of course springs to mind.. All the games are in January and very winnable but will all come with a real test.

If we get 12 pts from next 6 games ? I would take that now , 61 pts , then Portsmouth and Sunderland + Donny are the only top 6/7 sides we have to play as things now stand , let's avoid play offs ,

and if you look at the other fixtures for the next 6, you will see a lot of the top 8 playing each other. It's a real oppoetunity to close up. Especially with a game in hand too.

We've closed up on all the top 6/7 considerably over Xmas and New year , game in hand yes , got to be won though ? Rather have the points now , unfortunate circumstances v Burton , a Cup run meaning we altered the Oxford game , midweek away there , probably not as many fans travelling ? Some arkward games coming up , it won't be anywhere near easy in many matches , av seen enough for us to go up Automatically , best team in this league are us , Will see ? Come May ???

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    We've closed up on all the top 6/7 considerably over Xmas and New year , game in hand yes , got to be won though ? Rather have the points now , unfortunate circumstances v Burton , a Cup run meaning we altered the Oxford game , midweek away there , probably not as many fans travelling ? Some arkward games coming up , it won't be anywhere near easy in many matches , av seen enough for us to go up Automatically , best team in this league are us , Will see ? Come May ???

Awkward games I agree but we need to stick to our guns and not get embroiled as we did at Shrewsbury and Wycombe. Hopefully we've learned from those defeats and can go into these awkward games with a better mindset, more aggression and let our football do the talking. I think we can win all 6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast